Not scanning directory

hello. i have been using for some time and has worked great until today. i have a folder called tvshows. in that folder are the shows that record from hdhomerun to folders of each show. buddy doesnt recongnise the subfolders. i have check subfolders but it doesnt. if i manualy add the folder foe each show it works. nothing was changed except uodating to latest release. i tried reverting back but not finding new shows. i have checked read only files that didnt work. dont know what else to try.

Open your MCEBuddy.log file and search for a filename in the sub directory and see what’s going on.

mcebuddy.log (36.9 KB)

It searches the folders of the shows not like this C:\tvshows\

would be like c:\tvshows\the voice\season 1

there are multiple under tvshows. like i said its stupid simple to set this up. out of know where when i updated it started to give me issues. i tried clean install and not working…

The last line on your log tell you the issue:

ERROR> 2019-11-25T21:31:13 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager → Unable to search for files in location D:\TVShows for monitor task Windows Default
ERROR : The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

Windows is throwing this error when trying to read your folders. Either there are to many sub directories or your filesystem is corrupted.