Multiple Errors trying to convert

(Paul) #1

I tried going to previous and the current beta. Same issue.

Everything was working just fine, but now, lots of errors and no conversions. log file attached.
mcebuddy.log (3.2 MB)

0 Likes

(Goose) #2

You’ll need to more specific about the issue.

I don’t see any conversion failures but I do that the mcebuddy engine is unable to access to your files because the path is too long and windows is refusing to access them:

INFORMATION> 2019-03-26T18:34:10 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> No accessible files founds in location D:\Input\Unsorted for monitor task unsorted
INFORMATION> 2019-03-26T18:34:10 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> No accessible files founds in location D:\Input\Anime for monitor task anime
INFORMATION> 2019-03-26T18:35:09 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> No accessible files founds in location D:\Input\Movies for monitor task moviein
ERROR> 2019-03-26T18:35:10 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Unable to search for files in location D:\Input\TV Shows for monitor task TVShows
ERROR : The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

The resolution is simple, reduce the path length as indicated by Windows. This is a Windows issue and not MCEBuddy per se and hence any version of mcebuddy you use will see the same results.

0 Likes

(Paul) #3

Ok silly question then, d:\input\tvshows is less than 248 characters. I ran a check disk, I don’t see any windows errors. I can access all the files outside of MCEbuddy. (Command Shell, etc)

I made no changes to the directory structure, I even deleted the tasks and re-created them.

Same issue. Any thoughts on why they are seeming to be too long?

0 Likes

(Goose) #4

There may be an issue with the filesystem, not sure but the errors is coming from Windows. It may have some hidden or system files/folders inside which are messing it up.

I would say create a new directory on a different disk or area of the disk, point MCEBuddy to it and if that works then just delete the directory structures completely and rebuild them.

0 Likes

(Paul) #5

There was something strange there. CHKDSK/F provided no guidance or repair… and via windows explorer I could find nothing hidden, and nothing via using ATTR in DOS… but… Upon deleting the seemingly empty sub directory, and creating a new one…

Poof working fine now.

Strange. Thank you for your awesome support and your help!

0 Likes