Destination path folder structure

I’m trying to set up my conversion so it pulls from a temporary folder on my C: drive and when complete it puts the converted file on my NAS. No issue with the basics of that, but it is dumping the converted file into the root of the shared folder on my NAS rather than keeping the folder structure from the original location.

For example -

1. Plex records a show to C:\temp\PlexDVR. It saves it as “C:\temp\PlexDVR\The Late Show With Stephen Colbert (2015)\Season 03\The Late Show With Stephen Colbert (2015) - S03E19 - Kathy Bates.ts”

2. MCEBuddy grabs it, converts/comskip, and saves the converted file to “\NAS\TV\The Late Show With Stephen Colbert (2015) - S03E19 - Kathy Bates.mkv”, but what I want it to do is save it as “\NAS\TV\The Late Show With Stephen Colbert (2015)\Season 03\The Late Show With Stephen Colbert (2015) - S03E19 - Kathy Bates.mkv”

I tried setting my destination path to “\NAS\TV%relativesourcepath%%originalfilename%”, but that just saved the converted file as “\NAS\TV%relativesourcepath%%originalfilename%\The Late Show With Stephen Colbert (2015) - S03E19 - Kathy Bates.mkv”

Is there any way to do this? I’m running version 2.4 release 6

edit: some of the slashes aren’t showing up in the path in my post but they are configured in mcebuddy like they should be…

Attach your conversion log. You will need to likely use the season also in your custom rename

Figured it out… I was putting the variables in the destination path field, didn’t realize there was a separate box for renaming. Working perfectly there

1 Like