%relativesourcepath% not working

Team,

The %relativesourcepath% property isn’t resolving to the appropriate value. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong here, but I specified the following as the Destination in my Conversion Task.

C:\Users\Public\Video\%relativesourcepath%

However, a folder actually named %relativesourcepath% is created in the Video directory rather than the desired folder structure relative to where the video file was pulled.

Can you please provide direction on how MCEBuddy can be configured to achieve the desired result?

Thanks,
Brad

Can you attach your conversion log, also I’m assuming this is the renaming pattern you’re using.

The logs are empty but I’ve attached them anyways in case I missed anything. To answer your question, I think so but I’m new to MCEBuddy so I may be missing something. Ultimately, what I am trying to do is…

1. Pull all video files from an NFS share folder structure which has folders, subfolders, etc. into a temporary working location where the conversion occurs.
  2. Push the converted mp4 files back into the exact same location on the NFS share where they originally came from.
  3. Delete the original unconverted file from the NFS share.

Thanks for your help and please let me know if you need anything else.

log.zip (1.5 KB)

No kidding when you say empty. There are only 2 reason for the logs to be empty

1. Your conversion didn’t start
  2. Your installation is corrupted

Without the logs unfortunately nothing can be done/analyzed. I would suggest you do a clean install of MCEBuddy and make sure the logs are set to debug in the System Settings page. Post back once the logs are available.

All of what you’re saying should be pretty straight forward.

1. Done automatically
  2. Leave the destination folder blank
  3. Select the option to delete original from the monitor task expert settings page

Leaving the Destination field blank did the trick. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey RBoy,

I ran into another issue while going through this. It seems that MCEBuddy isn’t creating the converted file on the NFS share with the owner set to the same user used to pull the file. Instead, it’s creating the file as user:group 4294967294:4294967294 which means I have to provide public access to the file system. Is there any way to configure this? If not, can this be added? It would be great if after the file is created, MCEBuddy could also set the owner:group to the same as the original file.

Thanks!
Brad

MCEBuddy uses the credentials you feed into the settings. Beyond that’s its upto your NAS