Comskip taking over 1 hour to process 1/2 hour show?

I’m running version 2.4.9 on Windows with quad core processor. and have Comskip donator ver. 2_003 installed. I have a conversion task set up to just remove commercials on mp4 files and write back as MP4 Unprocessed, Skip copying original files, and Delete Original in the settings.
Each file takes between 20 min and sometimes 2 hours to process a 30-60 minute show. Is there a way to shorten this time? Seems like a long time for just Comskip. Also Windows Task Manager shows less than 50% CPU when I have 4 concurrent sessions running in MCEB
Thanks

Try using the Comskip that ships with MCEBuddy and see if it makes any difference. I assume you mean version 82_003. Attach your conversion log it may show what’s going on.

Thanks. I reviewed the log file and found a ton of these Multiple connection errors, a few cited below. I’m running MCEB on a windows server but connecting to my Qnap NAS for fetching the video files and writing back to the NAS.
Can you provide some insight as to how to remedy this?

2019-01-22T13:16:26 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Attempting to connect to network share \10.0.10.4\Multimedia\Movies\Xfinity_Recorded
ERROR> --> Unable to connect to network location \10.0.10.4\Multimedia\Movies\Xfinity_Recorded
Domain name:
Username:bob
Password:*********
Return code is 1219
Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again
2019-01-22T13:16:26 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Attempting to connect to network share \10.0.10.4\Multimedia\comskip
ERROR> --> Unable to connect to network location \10.0.10.4\Multimedia\comskip
Domain name:
Username:bob
Password:*********
Return code is 1219

Also attached is a conversion log for one of the TV shows

Evening - 2019-01-23 03 30 00 - Episode 01-23.mp4-Comskip HDHomerunDVR-2019-01-23T15-06-40.4477205-08-00.log (1.3 MB)

You aren’t using the donator build. According to your logs you’re using the public build which is why it’s taking so long:

MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Comskip –> Comskip 0.82.003, made using ffmpeg
2019-01-23T15:12:07 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Comskip –> Public build

That makes sense and thanks for the review. Is there a way for me to extract or download the donator version?

See this topic:

Yes I already read that article, but from where do I extract ALL of the comskip files? It does not reference the source?

1. Extract ALL the Comskip files ( including .INI and all other files ) from the Comskip zip archive into a directory (e.g. C:\Comskip )

You can use the built in version that ships with MCEBuddy

OR

Quoting from the Topic:

On the website, look at the Comskip Early Access section to see how to get access to their latest Donator version.

Got it, just signed up after donation, looks like the version numbers are the same as the non-donator version, weird.

Ok, so I downloaded the Sept 30 2017 v 82-003 and placed the folder on my D drive. I set that path in MCEB but no commercials are being skipped! I removed the path in MCEB and commercials are skipped. Any thought as to why is the Donator version not working??

Also, using the “stock” version of comskip in MCEB, it works good but sometimes the last 20 seconds or so of the last commercial will play before the cut back to the show. Can anyone recommend a .ini tweak to shorten/eliminate that?
Thanks

Have you tried going through your conversion log looking for Comskip.exe to see what the issue might be?

See this topic. There is a built in Comskip INI editing tool which explains each setting. There are options to ignore the first X seconds and last X seconds

Ok, so I tried copying over a mp4 to my root comskip donator folder then dropped it on the comskipGUI.exe app, it processed the file but did not write a new file. This would explain why this version is not removing any commercials.
Attached is the log, any thoughts?
S04E66-Sonequa Martin Green.log (180.8 KB)