Commercials not being removed and don't know how to upload logs

I’m new to MCEBuddy. I’ve run a handful of shows through the GUI. I get output, but they’re still full of commercials. I’d appreciate some help with that, but I need some more basic help first.

Was trying to upload logs, and have a couple of questions.

1. I’m trying to use ftp://upload.mcebuddy2x.com for file upload and get the message “Windows cannot access this folder. A connection with the server could not be established”. What am I doing wrong?

2. I see that you want the logging level set to debug, but I can’t figure out how to do that. There doesn’t seem to be an option for that in the GUI settings. Is it somewhere else?

Thanks.

1. Your firewall is blocking the connection, try turning it off
  2. See uploading samples

You can also just drag n drop the files here to attach them. The upload is for video samples

Ok, I’ve been testing different firewall settings with no improvement. I finally completely turned off my firewall, antivirus, VPN, and I’m still getting recordings that have a lot of commercials. I tried this with a few different shows and the results are the same. I’m not sure what’s up.

Here is a log file from one of these shows. I hope you can see what’s going on. Appreciate your help.

The.Fugitive.(1993).ts-Convert to MP4-2024-03-22T21-50-29.log (3.2 MB)

The firewall and antivirus have nothing to do with commercials. That’s comment was in response to your problem with not being able to upload the file to the server issue.

I checked your logs and Comskip is finding commercials but it’s having trouble saving the results to the hard disk so that’s why they aren’t being cut out.

2024-03-22T22:27:03 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Comskip → Commercials were found.
→ Process exited with code 1
2024-03-22T22:27:05 MCEBuddy.CommercialScan.Scanner → Commercial Scan: Percentage Complete 99
INFORMATION> 2024-03-22T22:27:05 MCEBuddy.CommercialScan.Scanner → Using EDL file for commercial removal
WARNING> 2024-03-22T22:27:05 MCEBuddy.CommercialScan.Scanner → Cannot find or access EDL File

There may be an issue with the installation or file system permissions.

I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling MCEBuddy or trying to re-install it to a different folder.

Okay, it’s working now. I think what happened was that during setup the first time, I elected that MCEB was for me only and not for everyone on the computer. I record to the Public videos folder and it didn’t like that. I uninstalled and reinstalled with the “for everyone’s use” button and that did it. Great program, and thanks for your help.