Went from trial to paid and now its not working

So yesterday I switch from the trial version to the paid premium version and now MCE buddy does not work. The trial I had no issues connecting to the network share and processing videos, the premium version now just says cant find share or something about the path. i have tried everything from removing the share and re adding to restarting my nas to uninstalling and re installing premium version. Right now I feel like i just wasted the $30 since the trial was working just fine and had 10 days left

mcebuddy.log (142.6 KB)

Weird. It should act exactly the same as Trial. The only thing I can think of is security app had an exception for the trail version but isn’t there for the premium version. Check windows firewall logs and logs for any other security app you might have running. I read/write to a Synology NAS without issues.

Thats what i thought also. i have checked logs and everything. I even set up a new network password and everything trying that way and still nothing. I have no security on this machine other than the built in windows security Atleast the parts i cant shut off

Any logs on the NAS?
Do manually dropped files work? (You might have to specify the domain, user & password for manual under General Settings\System Settings\Miscellaneous\Network authentication first)

It’s really acting like all of the sudden it can’t access it over the network.

Manual do not work. that is exactly what it is doing. i moved a couple just to try that and it worked no problem. this is now starting to irritate the heck out of me

Yeah, that’s just banana pants! I don’t know, I haven’t had an issue like this. I know it won’t recognize a mapped drive which would be normally my next test. Don’t suppose you have another computer you can test on. One thing you can try to ensure that it’s completely reset to factory defaults is to uninstall, make sure there is no MCEBuddy2x folder under Program Files, move or delete the mcebuddy.conf and profile.conf files from the %userprofile% folder and try reinstalling. Of course, you then need to set everything up again from scratch.

I tried another computer. It acted the exact same way. I then installed the trial and it worked just fine

That is so weird! Did you try beta version? I pretty much am always running the latest beta version.

I assure you that this is a project worth supporting and paying for so I hope you’ll hang in there.

Here is what i am getting now for an error

Return code is 1219
Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again
WARNING> 2020-10-29T14:39:14 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Manually selected file \KlaersHub\home\Test\Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (2007)\Season 14\Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives S14E13 Coast to Coast Chow.ts does not exist or MCEBuddy doesn’t have read permissions, skipping
ERROR> 2020-10-29T14:39:14 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Unable to search for files in location \KlaersHub\home\Test for monitor task Test
ERROR : Could not find a part of the path ‘\KlaersHub\home\Test’.

Missed some

020-10-29T14:39:10 MCEBuddy.Engine.Core --> MCEBuddy engine started. Setting engine last running state to start.
ERROR> 2020-10-29T14:39:10 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Unable to search for files in location \KlaersHub\home\Test for monitor task Test
2020-10-29T14:39:14 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Attempting to connect to network share \KlaersHub\home\Test\Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (2007)\Season 14
ERROR> --> Unable to connect to network location \KlaersHub\home\Test\Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (2007)\Season 14
Domain name:
Username:admin
Password:*********
Return code is 1219
Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again
WARNING> 2020-10-29T14:39:14 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Manually selected file \KlaersHub\home\Test\Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (2007)\Season 14\Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives S14E13 Coast to Coast Chow.ts does not exist or MCEBuddy doesn’t have read permissions, skipping
ERROR> 2020-10-29T14:39:14 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Unable to search for files in location \KlaersHub\home\Test for monitor task Test

Open Admin Command Prompt or PowerShell and enter the following commands:
net stop workstation /y
net start workstation

Then try again. This will restart the workstation service on your desktop which is used as the client when accessing network resources. It seems the processes are getting confused on which user from your computer is accessing the network resource and thus this error. Try only using 1 user across MCEBuddy when accessing the same network device. You can also try putting the NAS name as the Domain on the credentials screen to see if that helps.

Also, just to confirm your path is actually \KlaersHub\home\Test and not \KlaersHub\home\Test.

I dont know what i just did but i got it working again. i went through the task manager stopped anything that said mcebuddy and then uninstalled, restated the computer and reinstalled then it started working. stupid computers

1 Like

Nice! :metal: