VMWare Shared Folders Issue

I am having trouble connecting the shared folders from my windows vm using VMFusion. I have other programs that access this from the local system account with no issues. It seems this program requires a user name and when I try it in a java program inside apache using the local system account I can access the \\vmware-host\Shared Folders with no issues and no username. If any one can help that would be great.

When setting up a Shared Folder in VMWare enable the option to Map as a network drive in windows guest and it will show up a regular drive which can be used in MCEBuddy without any credentials.

All network shares require credentials in MCEBuddy, even if just Guest with no password (which should also work just fine)

I am running VMFusion on a Mac OS. I do not see this option. This appears to only be available on VMware Workstation.

You have two options:

1. Set the destination as the network share \\vmware-host\Shared Folders\ and leave the username and password as default

2. Run MCEBuddy in command line engine mode from the start menu and map the VMware shared folder as network drive in windows explorer

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Fusion/8.0/com.vmware.fusion.using.doc/GUID-B24352D0-9668-4E34-A073-A2C2387F71FC.html

I am trying a 3rd option as I am trying to get this to work with Plex running on a Mac OS X. I have created a restful web service in Tomcat on the windows vm. I then have a postprocessing script in plex to call the web service to do the processing. The Tomcat is running under the system local account and is able to access the \vmware-host\Shared Folders share. I am still testing it but it looks good so far as the shell script works outside of plex.

1 Like