Subtitles is missing after conversion

I am trying to convert a WTV file, with subtitles stored as Videotext (Swedish), to MP4 format. But no subtitles are shown when I run the MP4 file. To show the subtitles I must use the WTV file and run it in MC. I have tried different Players for the MP4 file, but no one can show the subtitles. They will not show any subtitles either when I use the WTV files.
Anyone knows a solution to this?

Can you attach your conversion log and maybe a screenshot of the MediaInfo of the output file?

Hi,

We do it it this way. I have uploaded an example to one of my sites. It contains 4 tracks with subtitles. When using other Players than MC the tracks is seen and can be selected. Then it shall be possible to select language, but it’s not possible. When converting to other format I am only interested in one language (swe).

You can download the file TEST.WTV on this link.

Good Luck!

Regards

Bjorn Hjalmarsson

It would be best to see how your systems is trying to process the task, that is why I asked for the conversion log. I can spend time testing and it may work for me which would accomplish nothing in trying to resolve your issue. You can attach the log file for the file processed and that will help us see how you have your task and profile are setup.

Hi,

Here is one example:

Regards

Bjorn Hjalmarsson

Secret Life of Pets_Animal Planet _2015_03_21_10_30_00.wtv-Convert to MP4-2021-10-31T07-26-58.log (863 KB)

Please ensure that your conversion task has the following options selected.
Extract subtitles and closed captions (Under Advanced Settings)
Add subtitles (Under Expert settings)

Hi again,

Here is the log for conversion of the downloadable file.

He has a hard time with the cat!!

Regards

Bjorn Hjalmarsson

My Cat from Hell_Animal Planet _2015_04_14_09_58_00.wtv-Convert to MP4-2021-11-01T22-37-57.log (606 KB)

Hi,

No so easy to find the settings, but find it and ticked that you mention below. There is a message that the subtitles is extracted, but no subtitles in the converted file? The only choice is to select a subtitle file.

And the log…

Regards

Bjorn Hjalmarsson

My Cat from Hell_Animal Planet _2015_04_14_09_58_00.wtv-Konvertering WTV med undertexter-2021-11-02T00-07-12.log (1.01 MB)

bjorne.hj@gmail.com shared an item

Unknown profile photo

bjorne.hj@gmail.com has shared the following item:
Hi,

I have not got any response on my last mail, so I send you a new link to Google Drive with the WTV file for download.

Best Regards
Bjorn Hjalmarsson

My Cat from Hell_Animal Planet _2015_04_14_09_58_00.wtv

This email grants access to this item without logging in. Only forward it to people you trust.

Open

Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
You have received this email because bjorne.hj@gmail.com shared a file or folder located in Google Drive with you. Logo for Google Drive

Based on the last log file you provided (My Cat from Hell_Animal Planet _2015_04_14_09_58_00.wtv-Konvertering WTV med undertexter-2021-11-02T00-07-12.log) this line would indicate that the subtitle was added to the output mp4 file.

2021-11-02T00:11:25 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Finished adding subtitles and chapters to file, file size [KB] 24,110.00

If it is not in the mp4 output file then I do not know what is wrong or how to help. I am sorry but I do not have available time to try and process the file you are sharing. And since I don’t have your exact setup it wouldn’t help you determine what the issue is. Perhaps one of the of other members of this community can provide more support to you.

Hi,

Are you membere of the MCE Buddy programmer team?

Regards

Bjorn Hjalmarsson

No I am not. Just someone who tries to help out.

Hi,

Ok, thank’s anyway.

Maybe the problem is that the subtitles are stored in PAL format?

Not NTSC as in US. Would be interesting to test that format.

Regards

Bjorn Hjalmarsson