Solved - File name length constraint - File name match error - *ch4*.* vs ~*ch4*.*

Solution: The “File name match” only looks at the first 89 characters of the file name. If any portion of the channel (ch4) appears after that no match will take place.

Example: ch4.mp4 will not work with: In the Americas With David Yetman - s05e03 - Mexico City’s Markets A Millennium of T - ch4.3.mp4

If you remove any character before “ch4”, the File name match ch4.mp4 will work and process the file.

I am trying to use the File name match property to select which files are processed by which Conversion tasks.

One task should select only file names with ch4 (ch4.*) in them:
A Craftsman’s Legacy - s04e06 - The Brass Horn Makers - ch4.1.mp4

The other task should select all files without the ch4 (~ch4.*) in them.
Pork Chop Hill-2017-09-25 2110 - ch6.1.mp4

I cannot seem to make the File name match property work for me.

And if you would to help my understanding please help me select all files with ch4 or ch8 in them…and the reverse to exclude files with ch4 or ch8 in them.

A slap in the head to get me thinking correctly and get this going would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! CraigM

Can you attach your log file so we can replicate this.

Here is the log file. The error: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

I hope this helps, CraigM

In the Americas With David Yetman - s05e03 - Mexico City’s Markets A Millennium of T - ch4.3.mp4-PBS Trimmer-2017-10-17T14-29-42.5765392-04-00.log (4.9 KB)

Can you attach the log file with the log settings set to debug, I can’t tell much from this log. the index error is normal while trying to extract metadata which doesnt’ exist sometimes.