I recently installed MCEBuddy 2.5.6 and updated my HDHomeRun DVR installation to the latest version. Plex server was also recently updated. But now I no longer have a %premieredate% in parentheses in my movie filenames (the parentheses are just empty), in fact now, MCEBuddy no longer seems to recognize my movies as movies (despite my ismovie condition) but treats them as shows. I’ve noticed that my HDHomeRun recordings apparently have a premiere date string as well as an air date string in the title before they ever get any treatment by MCEBuddy and I don’t know how long that’s been going on. I think I noticed the problem just within the last maybe 10 days or so. Did HDHomeRun recently make a change that affected these things? I reverted to the non-beta version of HDHomeRun but it still has the two date strings in the filenames for the raw recordings.
Can you attach your conversion log so we can see what’s going on.
Here’s one of the recent log files. Not sure how to navigate to the engine log file in case you need it.
You file is locked by another process so MCEBuddy isn’t able to open it to read/extract the metadata:
WARNING> → Error trying to read data to TS file. Error: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file ‘D:\RAW_TV_RECORDINGS\Movies\Deep Blue Sea 19991028 [20210517-0700].mpg’ because it is being used by another process.
Check your Antivirus/Malware or HDHomeRun setup if the files is still being recorded or locked for some other purpose. It may help to put a delay before processing the file if HDHomeRun is locking the file.