No ff/rew in MKV from MCEBuddy 2.4.8 on Samsung Smart TV

samsung

(Jim Edelen) #1

Request Type:
BUG

MCEBuddy 2.4.8 64bit

Operating System - Windows 7 64-bit

After upgrading to 2.4.8, none of my files support seek on my Samsung Smart TV (through Emby). The profile is to straight copy streams into MKV containers. I had to downgrade to 2.4.7 which immediately addressed the issue (I needed to re-process all the output files processed by 2.4.8 to get seek working again [because I have MCEBuddy delete originals]).

I suspect this is an FFMPEG problem, I tried replacing the 2.4.8 FFMPEG binaries with the latest FFMPEG release and behavior is the same. I don’t know whether it is a config issue in MCEBuddy or a FFMPEG issue, but I do know it happens 100% of the time with 2.4.8 and works fine in 2.4.7.

For now, I’ve just downgraded to restore functionality, but wanted to report the bug in hopes it could be addressed in a future release (so maybe I can upgrade again some day).

MCEBuddy - KNOWN ISSUES
MCEBuddy 2.4 Beta (May 25 and previous beta build) fail to open in A's Video Converter and others
(Goose) #2

Which profile are you using? MKV Unprocessed or a custom? If custom post the profile.
You’re right we did update ffmpeg in 2.4.8 to for better hardware conversions.

Try this, in the unprocessed profile change:

ffmpeg-ext=.mkv

to

ffmpeg-ext=.ts
ffmpeg-remuxto=.mkv

This is make ffmpeg create a MP4 file and then use MKVMerge to convert it to a MKV file.

(Jim Edelen) #3

Yes, it’s MKV Unprocessed. Will making the changes suggested result in FFMPEG compressing the MPEG2 video stream to an MP4 before making an MKV? I’m using MKV Unprocessed explicitly because I don’t want to transcode.

(Goose) #4

If the source is mpeg2 set the output as .ts and then remux to mkv above. This is container manipulation

(Jim Edelen) #5

thanks. I’ll give that a try

(Jim Edelen) #6

This workaround is working well. Thanks.