Mcebuddy Not Converting Files

MceBuddy had been working fine for years. I’m running MceBuddy 2.4 release 7 on windows 7.

The issue I am having is that nothing gets converted.

If I try to manually convert a file it will not allow me to add it or drag it into the file box. I have checked my settings and file name match and it should be picking up
I will enclose the link to the log file.

Any help on getting MceBuddy up and running again would be greatly appreciated.

MceBuddy Log

According to the logs the files are locked / inaccessible to mcebuddy.

WARNING> 2018-02-12T13:28:54 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager → Monitor task Recorded TV : Unable to queue file for conversion - file inaccessible/locked by another process E:\Recorded TV\Mom_FXXHD_2018_02_12_13_00_02.wtv

WARNING> 2018-02-12T13:33:53 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager → Monitor task Recorded TV : Unable to queue file for conversion - file inaccessible/locked by another process E:\Recorded TV\Mom_FXXHD_2018_02_12_13_30_01.wtv

If you’re using a network drive see the Common Issues on how to get have the engine access network drives:

If they are local, check the file permissions, System Account / Local Account needs to have access to the file AND they should not be locked by another process

Thank you so much for your help Goose.

Yesterday , MceBuddy on its own automatically scanned and processed 10 Files successfully. So it is working intermittently . I am not using a network drive. Any idea on how to figure out if another process is locking the files?

Since it seems like the conversions fail randomly as you had posted i’m also looking into the driver issue.

The good news is that when MceBuddy does work it sure works well. I just need to find the issue that is causing the problem.

Thanks again

Tracking down processes that lock files is very tricky. You can use a utility called Unlocker

or something like Process Explorer as outlined here

Thank you Goose for the info.

I had MceBuddy on a schedule to scan my folder for files. When I turned that off everything is working fine now. It now automatically scans and process the files. Thanks for the help. Greatly appreciated