Conversions start but do not finish

I’ve been successfully running MCEBuddy for about a year now and up to a couple of days ago I was converting about 35 programs a night (I had backlog of files to process) and then it was only doing a couple of files a night. At first I thought it might just be the programs or something else running but the shows are the same programs it’s been processing all along.

So far I have tried:

1. Stopping all other programs from running
  2. Re-starting MCEBuddy
  3. Uninstalling MCEBuddy and installing updated version
  4. Rebooting the PC

There’s was no difference after each step. I’m still recording shows and getting another back log of shows but I can’t figure out why it stopped converting so many shows each night. Any thoughts/things I should be looking at?

Here’s my log file:

mcebuddy.zip (419.4 KB)

Last night MCEBuddy processed 0 shows while there are 396 shows in the queue. At this point the program is not doing anything.

Not sure if this helps troubleshooting but this morning while it was running I observed it go through each file and do the following:

1. Copy the file to a working directory
  2. Analyzing Video
  3. Comskip pass 1
  4. Comskip pass 2
  5. Extracting Closed Captions

After the last step it moves onto the next file.

The Jack Benny Show (1950) - S06E06 - Jack Hunts for Uranium.ts-Convert to MP4-2019-01-23T06-07-10.3635962-05-00.log (198.8 KB)

Your video is corrupted, from your logs:

2019-01-23T06:08:01 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.CCExtractor → Error: user_data: ustream->bitsleft < 0. Cannot continue.
→ Process exited with code 1000
ERROR> → CCExtractor failed to extract closed captions
ERROR> 2019-01-23T06:08:03 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob → Extracting closed captions failed

Since closed captions cannot be extracted due to an error MCEBuddy does not continue. This is intentional so that user don’t think that the closed captions are missing.

Can you upload the original video to our server so we can analyze it.

I could upload one of the 400+ shows that are now in queue but does that explain why it just suddenly stopped working on all files? I can’t imagine that all the videos that are in queue got corrupted at once. It’s just never done that in the year I’ve been using the program.

Let me know how to upload the file (I think they are larger than I’m allowed to attach) and I can add a couple.

Can’t say until I see your logs. It’s possible, if they are all recorded from the same source/tuner and if it’s creating corrupted files they may all fail for the same reason. Again the log files will tell you why, you can open then and look for the error or see the conversion history page and it’ll tell you the reason for the failure also.

You mentioned that it’s been working fine for a year. So try to trace back what changed, a windows update? A driver update? Firmware update?

You can find instruction to upload files to the server here: