MCE will not find files in folder to convert

MCEbuddy will acquire files to scan every now and then but it mostly just refuses to scan files as they get added. I have upgraded, changed settings, checked settings, but the drive is constantly filling up.

any help would be appreciated

Check your MCEBuddy.log file. Most likely either it’s a filter mismatch or the file is locked by another process.

Here is a sample from the log

2017-10-27T15:20:59 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager → Monitor task R : Checking Filter and Metadata Matches for File → C:\DVR\Peppa Pig 2011-03-19 - Pen Pal; Granny and Grandpa’s Attic; The Quarrel; The Toy Cupboard; School Camp.ts, Conversion Task ->Convert to MP4

2017-10-27T15:20:59 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager → File >Peppa Pig 2011-03-19 - Pen Pal; Granny and Grandpa’s Attic; The Quarrel; The Toy Cupboard; School Camp.ts<, checking filename filter ><

→ Extracting metadata from file C:\DVR\Peppa Pig 2011-03-19 - Pen Pal; Granny and Grandpa’s Attic; The Quarrel; The Toy Cupboard; School Camp.ts

2017-10-27T15:20:59 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData → Extracting metadata from file → C:\DVR\Peppa Pig 2011-03-19 - Pen Pal; Granny and Grandpa’s Attic; The Quarrel; The Toy Cupboard; School Camp.ts

→ Checking for SiliconDust meta tags

→ Starting to extract payload from TS file, upto 64 TS packets will be processed

2017-10-27T15:20:59 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData → Extracting Generic Tags

2017-10-27T15:20:59 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData → Unable to extract meta data from file C:\DVR\Peppa Pig 2011-03-19 - Pen Pal; Granny and Grandpa’s Attic; The Quarrel; The Toy Cupboard; School Camp.ts. C:\DVR\Peppa Pig 2011-03-19 - Pen Pal; Granny and Grandpa’s Attic; The Quarrel; The Toy Cupboard; School Camp.ts (taglib/ts)

2017-10-27T15:20:59 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData → Video Tags extracted →

Title:

SubTitle:

Description:

Network:

Network Affiliate:

Parental Rating:

Media Credits:

Genres:

Season: 0

Episode: 0

Banner:

Banner URL:

IMDB Id:

MovieDB Id:

TVDB Id:

Is Show Movie: False

Is Show Sports: False

OriginalBroadcastDateTime: 1899-12-31T16:00:00

RecordedDateTime: 1899-12-31T16:00:00

SeriesPremiereDate: 1899-12-31T16:00:00

CopyProtected: False

SageTV FileID:

SageTV MediaFileID:

It isnt locked as far as I could tell.

Please don’t post excerpts from the log. It’s unreadable.

Attach the log file and point out the name of the file which isn’t showing up and we can go through the logs. Like I said there are only a few reasons why it doesn’t show up

1. It is locked

2. The metadata filter doesn’t match

3. The file isn’t accessible to MCEBuddy (permissions)

mcebuddy.log (1.6 MB)

You didn’t mention the filename.

Glancing though the log i see:

1. you’ve configured it not to pick files and wait for 1 minute until the recording completes

2. they don’t match the file name filter you’ve setup

3. Your files are locked

Like I said it’s only a few reasons you seem to be hitting them all. Check your setup And configuration.

MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager → Monitor task r : File R:\working0\Blaze and the Monster Machines S01E20 Sneezing Cold_0_0.ts was last modified at 10/25/2017 22:58:41. Waiting for atleast 1 minutes before processing.

2017-10-25T23:00:48 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager → Monitor task r : Unable to queue file for conversion - file inaccessible/locked by another process R:\Shimmer and Shine\Season 1\Shimmer and Shine S01E06 Ahoy, Genies!.ts

WARNING> 2017-10-25T23:00:48 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager → File Shimmer and Shine S01E06 Ahoy, Genies!.nfo did not match wildcard .dvr-ms;.wtv;.asf;.avi;.divx;.dv;.flv;.gxf;.m1v;.m2v;.m2ts;.m4v;.mkv;.mov;.mp2;.mp4;.mpeg;.mpeg1;.mpeg2;.mpeg4;.mpg;.mts;.mxf;.ogm;.ts;.vob;.wmv;.tp;*.tivo for monitor task r

its fine that it waits 1 minute, thing is, its not picking it up at all.

the file lock error you are seeing is a single instance when it was open somewhere else, bad example.

I havent configured any file name filters. I just went with stock. Do I need to set those at all?

RBoy
October 28

1. you’ve configured it not to pick files and wait for 1 minute until the recording completes
  1. they don’t match the file name filter you’ve setup
  1. Your files are locked

Like I said it’s only a few reasons you seem to be hitting them all. Check your setup And configuration.

> MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Monitor task r : File R:\working0\Blaze and the Monster Machines S01E20 Sneezing Cold_0_0.ts was last modified at 10/25/2017 22:58:41. **Waiting for atleast 1 minutes before processing.**
> > 2017-10-25T23:00:48 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Monitor task r : Unable to queue file for conversion - **file inaccessible/locked by another process** R:\Shimmer and Shine\Season 1\Shimmer and Shine S01E06 Ahoy, Genies!.ts WARNING> 2017-10-25T23:00:48 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> File Shimmer and Shine S01E06 Ahoy, Genies!.nfo **did not match wildcard** *.dvr-ms;*.wtv;*.asf;*.avi;*.divx;*.dv;*.flv;*.gxf;*.m1v;*.m2v;*.m2ts;*.m4v;*.mkv;*.mov;*.mp2;*.mp4;*.mpeg;*.mpeg1;*.mpeg2;*.mpeg4;*.mpg;*.mts;*.mxf;*.ogm;*.ts;*.vob;*.wmv;*.tp;*.tivo for monitor task r

I appreciate the help you have given me btw, sincerely.

its fine that it waits 1 minute, thing is, its not picking it up at all.

the file lock error you are seeing is a single instance when it was open somewhere else, bad example.

I havent configured any file name filters. I just went with stock. Do I need to set those at all?

RBoy
October 28

1. they don’t match the file name filter you’ve setup
  1. Your files are locked

> > MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Monitor task r : File R:\working0\Blaze and the Monster Machines S01E20 Sneezing Cold_0_0.ts was last modified at 10/25/2017 22:58:41. **Waiting for atleast 1 minutes before processing.**
> > > 2017-10-25T23:00:48 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Monitor task r : Unable to queue file for conversion - **file inaccessible/locked by another process** R:\Shimmer and Shine\Season 1\Shimmer and Shine S01E06 Ahoy, Genies!.ts WARNING> 2017-10-25T23:00:48 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> File Shimmer and Shine S01E06 Ahoy, Genies!.nfo **did not match wildcard** *.dvr-ms;*.wtv;*.asf;*.avi;*.divx;*.dv;*.flv;*.gxf;*.m1v;*.m2v;*.m2ts;*.m4v;*.mkv;*.mov;*.mp2;*.mp4;*.mpeg;*.mpeg1;*.mpeg2;*.mpeg4;*.mpg;*.mts;*.mxf;*.ogm;*.ts;*.vob;*.wmv;*.tp;*.tivo for monitor task r

No you don’t need to change the filter or add new ones unless you have a need for the filter. Again you haven’t given a name of a file which exists in your monitoring folder but isn’t picked up by MCEBuddy. You can open the log and search for the filename and it’ll tell you why it isn’t being added to the queue.