I have one show that Plex DVR cannot see after comskip and put in destination folder

I use MCEBuddy dontated version. Only one show that I OTA record that is renamed after commercial removal that my PLEX cannot see. I notice that these files are not renamed using “S00E00”, which is how PLEX sees these files. All other shows are named approprietly, only this one show. How do I change this? Please any help. I have looked online. I only read mentions about what to do but non that shows me what or how to do it :frowning: Thanks. Here is the log for this News show.:

Thank you all.

Your log file shows that you haven’t set any renaming pattern so it’s using the original filename after converting it

Rename by Series → False
Alt Rename by Series → False
Custom Rename by Series →

Make sure you select a renaming pattern

Here’s a simple fix that may help:

I’ve “Lost” a recording also. I found that the TV show I was recording was being categorized as a movie for some reason and I had to change that in both Plex & MCEBuddy to “show”.

Have you looked for the show in your movies folder?

Yes I took your advice and checked. No it is recorded and filed in my TVShow folder where it should be. But Plex just doesnt see the file. I dont know what to do. I changed the renaming feature that the previous poster suggested. And I did but still Plex does not see the file. Im at wits end.

I have a paid version of Plex and I experience the same issues to the point I use Channel DVR to record the shows from a high-quality internet connection rather than low-quality off the air connection via TVanywhere software, then I use MCEBuddy to remove the commercials, mark the file as Movie/Show with a matching IMDB name in proper format, and then finally, moved the new file to the appropriate Plex directories. This arrangement seems to work almost faultlessly.

I am very disappointed that Plex, a DVR software, limits recording to shows, movies and the like offered via Plex. I have no desire to use any services’ on-line DVR or On-Demand service, That’s why I bought Plex —To record shows and movies to avoid and/or reduce the cost of using these services.

I have never seen a local news program with Season and Episode numbers. I’ve seen nationals that way but not locals. You usually have to rename so they can be sorted by Plex.

I use Filebot to rename using either of the 4 databases for TV Shows. It’s like $6 per year to use. Does a fairly good job with renaming.

And here’s the other gotcha… The EPG data does not add the station ID to even hope to pull data from TheTVDB or other sources.

Eyewitness News This Morning (2007) - 2022-08-04 06 00 00 - Eyewitness News This Morning.ts

This means that you will have to rename yourself.

I couldn’t screen print the drop down box showing the databases available but you can see what it pulled from TVMaze.

I took your advice and got Filebot but I dont understand how to rename the file. The Filebot databases are not accurate with the databases

Mine are accurate. I use FileBot all the time.

What is your profession? Mine is IT Support and System Administration. I’m use to using utilities to make my job easier. You may need to read through the documentation just to make sure you understand how to use.

And a reminder, local news programs will NOT be in any database. By their nature, no one outside your market will be interested in those programs. It will be up to you to rename said programs into a form that Plex works with. That means you will need to have a main folder name “Eye Witness News” and under that you will need a “Season 2023” or some numbering that makes sense to you. Then under the “Season” folder, you will need to name them “Eye Witness News - S2023E91”. The episode number should probably be the actual day number for 2023. Like, if months were evenly 30 days, April 1st would be day 91.

Aaaaah. I am using for my local news. THANK YOU for your suggestions, I will give them a try.