FPS when using Hardware Encoding

Using Intel QuickSync and ffmpeg as it seems to be much faster than handbrake. Sometimes it takes 1 to 1 1/2 hours for a 1 hour show to convert other times it takes 20 to 30 minutes. Where can I look at see what the FPS is while encoding is happening? I have an HP Z2 SFF G4 Workstation with a Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~3192 Mhz (8th Gen processor) 64Gb memory Windows 10 pro everything is fully up to date. Hardware Encoding is active. When i’m doing the encoding I always shut everything else down. Any advice/help would be appreciated as I’d really like to get this working faster. Some people it only takes 5-10 minutes to do this conversion but I’m always somewhere between 20min and 1.5 hours.

If you open the logs you’ll be able to see the details. For quicksync we’re using a special (older) version of handbrake which is faster in our test setup.

Can you try this, open your mcebuddy installation folder, open the handbrake folder. In there rename the HandBrakeCLI_qsv to HandBrakeCLI_qsvold and then make a copy of HandBrakeCLI and call it HandBrakeCLI_qsv. Now run your handbrake profile again and let us know if you see any difference. Feel free to attach the logs from both runs (with the existing HandBrakeCLI_qsv and the renamed HandBrakeCLI_qsv).