File Renaming Has Stopped

I’ve been running v2.5 for a long time, no issues.

In the last few days I’ve noticed MCEBuddy no longer is renaming files correctly.

I went through the logs and see errors relating to looking up show information.

INFORMATION> 2024-06-05T18:21:39 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData → Checking TheTVDB
WARNING> 2024-06-05T18:21:41 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData → TheTVDB failed
INFORMATION> 2024-06-05T18:21:41 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData → Checking TMDB
WARNING> 2024-06-05T18:21:41 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData → TMDB failed
INFORMATION> 2024-06-05T18:21:41 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData → Checking IMDB
WARNING> 2024-06-05T18:21:41 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData → IMDBApi failed
INFORMATION> 2024-06-05T18:21:41 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob → Running custom commands
WARNING> → Cannot find RecordYear using File Creation Date
WARNING> → Cannot find RecordMonth using File Creation Date
WARNING> → Cannot find RecordDay using File Creation Date
WARNING> → Cannot find Episode Name
WARNING> → Cannot find RecordMonth using File Creation Date
WARNING> → Cannot find RecordDay using File Creation Date
WARNING> → Cannot find Episode Name

Is this just me? I thought I would come to the forum and see others with this issue but I do not see any other posts about it.

Looks like MCEBuddy isn’t able to connect to the Internet so all the look-ups are failing.

I agree, that would be one possibility. However, the machine has full Internet access.

I ended up purchasing (I had a lifetime license previously) the new version, when I uninstalled the previous version and installed the new version.

Unfortunately, all my settings got wiped out during the upgrade but now the callouts to the Internet work again and the file renaming is working.

So now I don’t know if the issue was related to a setting or if the 2.5 version simply does not work to make those outbound calls.