Email quit working

My isp recently changed their smtp settings from 25 with no authentication to 465 with ssl. I made the changes on the MceBuddy config page, but email is now failing when I hit test. Any advice appreciated.

Check MCEBuddy.log to see what the error is. Likely it’s being blocked by a firewall or your ISP.

Thanks RBoy, I really dont know enough about it to know how to read the log file. It had this in the log when test failed:
ERROR> 2018-02-04T13:30:54 --> Error sending eMail -> System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: The operation has timed out.
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
at MCEBuddy.Util.eMail.SendEMail(EmailBasicSettings emailSettings, String subject, String message, Log jobLog, SendCompletedEventHandler asyncCallback, Boolean forceAsyncNoCallback)
Can you make anything of that?

That would mean that the application MCEBuddy isn’t able to contact the server at configured address and port. That usually means a firewall or ISP is blocking it.

For example Comcast blocks certain ports in the USA for GMail (465) but allows others (587). Try using a different port if you can with your SMTP server.

Got it working, changed port to 587.

1 Like