I have been using MCEBuddy 2.5.6 (64bit) without issue (mostly without issues) for many years now.
Windows shows that the MCEBuddy service is running, but the GUI is not recognizing the service.
“The MCEBUDDY service is unavailable. Please start from Windows control panel or check engine connections.” – is displayed on the GUI.
Ryzen 7 5700G
Asus B550 MB
Windows 11 x64 (22000.132)
MCEBuddy 2.5.6 and 2.5.7 (64-bit)
I am not running any third-party antivirus, firewall,
mcebuddy.log (583.1 KB)
From Computer Management, it appears that the MCEBuddy Service is running and appears as “running” in Task Manager’s Details view - however, MCEBuddy GUI is not seeing the service.
I have tried the following to try and remedy the problem:
- turned Windows Firewall off
- Turned Windows Ant-virus off
- re-installed MCEBuddy with the latest from the web, 2.5.7
- replaced both the .config files with the backed up, known working versions
- manually added MCEBuddy.GUI to Windows Firewall
- Verified that port 23332 was not used by another program
- Reset Windows “Network” settings
- replaced both the .config files with clean versions I had saved from a clean install
- full uninstall and reinstall of MCEBuddy (deleted the saved .config files from the user/home folder)
- MCEBuddy.conf - (shut it down) and as a “hail mary” I changed the upnpenable=trye, firewallexeptionenable=true – and stared the service back up again - no change.
What am I missing? Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance, John
(attached is my log file)