Big Brother Season 19 Conversion Issues

I have been recording over the air TV shows with Plex DVR and HDHomeRun Connect TV Tuners for several months without any problems.

Currently I have having issues with the conversion of Big Brother Episodes from the current season 19. When the show is converted by MCEBuddy, the resulting MKV file flickers, stutters, skips, etc. The audio appears to be fine.

Here is my setup…

2 x HD Homerun Connect with antenna on the roof. Each connect is configured the same) All channels that are setup are viewable live via the HDHomeRun View App. Big Brother airs on CBS and I have no problems with that channel.

Plex Media Server with Plex Pass and DVR feature enabled. I am able to play back the original untouched recordings of Big Brother without any problems.

MCEBuddy 2.4.6 Paid Version - I am converting the .ts file that is recorded by Plex DVR to MKV format.

ComSkip 81_094 Paid Version - I have disabled ComSkip and the issue still exists, so I don’t believe that is causing the issue.

Let me know if any more information is needed and I will provide it.

I am new to this forum and if I posted to the wrong category, please move it to where it needs to go.

Any help is appreciated.

1 Like

Conversion log file?

I may have deleted it already. If I can’t find it, I still have the original .ts file and will re-run the conversion.

Also note, I just finished trying to convert the latest BB Episode to MP4 “fast” format and it is fine, although I ran it without comskip.

I have been converting all of my Plex DVR shows and moves to MKV format. Maybe I should switch to MP4?

That or try to switch the encoder between ffmpeg and handbrake in the profile and see which works better.

I am reconverting the file right now. It looks to me like it is already using handbrake. The reason that I say this, is due to the last lines in the log file showing this…

2017-07-20T19:35:59 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Handbrake --> Encoding: task 1 of 1, 79.94 % (59.93 fps, avg 63.28 fps, ETA 00h05m47s)

I will upload the log file after the conversion is done.

I looked into the profiles.conf file and for MKV it shows

I attached the conversion log file…
Big Brother (2000) - S19E10 - Episode 10.ts-Convert Big Brother-2017-07-20T19-11-11.3185268-05-00.log (2.4 MB)

However, I just checked the reconverted video and it is just fine now. This just doesn’t make any sense. I will retry the conversion one more time with my normal conversion settings and see how it goes.

Well the episode that I reran the conversion on, converted okay. That was episode 10. Episode 11 aired tonight and the conversion of that did not convert okay. The converted file flickers, stutters, flashes, etc.

I uploaded the logs from the last conversion which is for episode 11.

Big Brother (2000) - S19E11 - Episode 11.ts-Convert to MKV-2017-07-20T21-01-05.2586848-05-00.log (2.7 MB)

Hopefully someone can tell me what is going wrong.

I see you’re using hardware encoding. That could be the issue. Turn off hardware encoding from your conversion task expert settings page. Try converting it again. If that fixes the problem then it’s your display driver that’s causing the issue.

Can you upload a copy of the original TS file to our upload server for analysis.

I will try disabling hardware encoding. I can upload the .ts file. Should it upload it to this case like I did with the log file or is there somewhere else?

----- Reply message -----

See the ReadMe before posting thread for instructions on how to upload the mcebuddy server:

The original .ts video file has now been uploaded.

Please note that the regular conversion profile for Big Brother was successful after disabling Hardware Acceleration.

I guess everything is okay now. I will let you know if the issue returns in the future.

Thanks for your help!!!

1 Like

Use the recommended driver versions for hardware encoding. Intels drivers are very reliable and buggy.

Just FYI I tested your file using the MP4 Normal profile using the recommended Intel Driver version and hardware encoding enabled with the latest 2.4.8 BETA and it’s working fine with no issues.