First, thanks for this tool, I’ve been using it for a long time now and it solved my problems by automating all the stuff I had to do with TV recordings.
But, I think even though it works, I think I’ve some incorrect configuration as I believe the processing should be a lot faster, plus sometimes there are a few issues with the resulting conversion I’d like to sort out.
First, all I process through MCEBuddy are TV recordings (I’m in Australia), where I believe all of them are at 25fps, and most will be x265, ac3 audio, and either 1080i or 576i
The reasons I use MCEBuddy are:
- Want to extract cc/subs from the recorded stream (most of the time they are there).
- Removing commercials is great.
- Convert them to MP4 because I use PLEX and plex doesn’t play .ts with .srt
Issues I face:
- conversion taking too long. I assume this has to do with the profile I have? but I don’t know what to change. I assume given the source and target are x264 it should be a fast conversion but it takes longer as if it was “converting” the video
- comskp works almost ok. It cuts ~1 second before the commercials, and can see some commercials before starting again. I’ve tried the padding, cutting before/after but then the subs go all out of sync. Not just by x seconds, but compounding after every break.
- I’ve an nVidia card, not sure if it’s taking advantage of that.
- profile is set to use handbrake, but it fails constantly. I don’t mind/care what tool it uses to convert, as long as I get the result. I think ffmpeg can do a stream copy of the video and maybe convert the audio to aac, this should be faster, but don’t know how to set this up
5. One more thing I face but prob has to do more with plex. Sometimes the show I record airs 2-3 episodes back to back. NextPVR records 3 separate episodes. Seems there’s no metadata (season/episode) in the recording, so I resorted to a long naming convention that includes showname , date and time. But plex recognises this as a single ep and 2-3 copies of the same rather than separate episodes. Any help in a better way of sorting this? post processing?
If someone can help me with this? I have uploaded the original file, converted file, profile and debug log if this will help with the right configuration