Audio track missing/stripped from conversion

hdhomerun

(Matt) #1

Every run the is encoded the audio is stripped. I have tried several different format types, messing all with the audio settings, trying several different conversion profiles, and using ffmpeg as primary. I’ve attached one of the logs that has the error I’m seeing in all the logs. When MCEBuddy.CommercialScan.Remover starts I get "decoding for stream 1 failed"
and "Could not find codec parameters for stream 1 " So I assume that is where the audio is being pulled. Please help!
I’ve been trying to figure this out weeks and recording random shows and keep trying different settings like a crazy person that always get the same results. Law & Order Special Victims Unit S19E13 The Undiscovered Country.mkv-DVR Converted-2018-02-07T23-00-00.1818899-08-00.log (3.7 MB)

The log notes there is an audio track.


(RBoy) #2

Thanks for the logs. Very helpful. Looks like the audio track in your original files has some issues. Can you upload a copy of the original video to our server for analysis and see if we can fix the track errors while encoding.


(Matt) #3

Thanks for your quick response! If that is the case then every show I have ever recorded has the same issue. I’m using an HDHomeRun - Connect Duo Tuner and emby maybe there is a setting I can change? I no longer have the video for the log I sent over and all the others are too large. I’ll send over another test in a moment.


(Goose) #4

Do upload a file atleast 30 minutes long with atleast one commercial so we can replicate the issue


(Matt) #5

I just tried one for 23 minutes and it was over a gigabyte so I don’t believe I would be able to upload. I’ll try again.


(Goose) #6

It should be fine, just use a FTP client like FileZilla or even windows own ftp client if you’re comfortable with that


(Matt) #7

I’ve tried several different systems with filezilla or explorer and it connects and disconnects. I have turned off firewall and antivirus and still the same issue. If I gave you a dropbox link would that work?


(Goose) #8

We could, it would be faster to upload through FTP through. Did you try using passive mode in the FileZilla settings? Active mode could be troublesome for some users


(Matt) #9

Passive mode did not work. The video has about 20 more minutes until upload completes. Dropbox links Dropbox - The Resident S01E04 Identity Crisis.mkv-DVR Converted-2018-02-05T23-00-00.1869541-08-00.log

Thank you again for your help!!


(Goose) #10

Yes I just tested and found that the FTP server had stopped for some reason, just restarted it. Try it now, it’ll be much faster than dropbox


(Goose) #11

It isnt’ downloading from Dropbox, it errors out at about 700MB and fails. Did you try uploading to the MCEBuddy FTP site?


(Goose) #12

BTW this file seems to have converted just fine with audio according to your logs:

2018-02-05T23:38:53 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> Input #0, avi, from ‘D:\DVR_Temp\working0\The Resident S01E04 Identity Crisis.avi’:
2018-02-05T23:38:53 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> Metadata:
2018-02-05T23:38:53 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> encoder : MCEBuddy2x
2018-02-05T23:38:53 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> title : The Resident
2018-02-05T23:38:53 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> ISBJ : Identity Crisis
2018-02-05T23:38:53 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> comment : After a mix-up in the ER causes Conrad to deliver a death notification to the wrong family, he sets out to fix it; Nic struggles to find a patient’s records; Devon forms a bond with an elderly patient.
2018-02-05T23:38:53 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> genre : Medical
2018-02-05T23:38:53 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> track : 4
2018-02-05T23:38:53 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> date : 1
2018-02-05T23:38:53 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> Duration: 21:38:01.41, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 11 kb/s
2018-02-05T23:38:53 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> Stream #0:0: Audio: ac3 ([0] [0][0] / 0x2000), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 192 kb/s
2018-02-05T23:38:53 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> Stream #0:1: Video: h264 (High) (h264 / 0x34363268), yuv420p(progressive), 1280x720 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 119.88 fps, 120 tbr, 119.88 tbn, 239.76 tbc

See if you can find a recording that doesn’t contain an audio file after conversion.


(Matt) #13

I look at all of them. I don’t always even play it I often just look that the file details and find there is no audio. I don’t have the file anymore but I can run it again.

Here is an example after it finishes uploading to Dropbox in the next 10-15 minutes.
pre-conversion:

log:

post conversion:


(Matt) #14

Let’s try this again:
post conversion:


(Matt) #15

(Matt) #16

ok let me try with different extension


(Goose) #17

Your original file (the MKV) has no audio


(Matt) #18

The top one not the last one. They both have an mkv extension now. I just check and it does have audio so I am not going crazy. :slight_smile:


(Goose) #19

Could you upload the original MKV with a conversion issue to the MCEBuddy FTP server. Too many links on this thread. Create a folder in your name and put the file + log if possible into it so we can replicate with the same settings.


(Matt) #20

uploaded