Audio track missing/stripped from conversion

uploading a full recording from last night also

1 Like

I checked out your video, there’s definitely some issue with the video. I can’t even get it to play with WMP or some other players. While we’re looking into how MCEBuddy can repair the broken video/audio stream, you should look into why your recording device is creating a non compliant video with errors in it. That would be your best fix, even if MCEBuddy can repair these errors, there may be some uncoverable losses.

Thank you for your help! I never tried to play it back on anything than Emby or HPC-HC and they both played back fine. I tried on VLC and media center and saw issues. Since I have had this issue using HDHomeRun - EXTEND and the dual I can rule out hardware, and the issue is with all stations that only leaves Emby. I open a support ticket with them. Thanks again!

FYI I had the DVR in Emby set to “automatically convert recordings to a streaming-friendly format”. Removing that setting fixed the issue and MCEbuddy work great now!!

1 Like

Emby was creating a file with invalid audio properties, here are some the issues various different tools discovered (from ffmpeg to handbrake to avidemux)

2018-02-09T18:02:14 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.FFmpeg → [mpegts @ 0000000000704740] Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 (Audio: aac (LC) ([15][0][0][0] / 0x000F), 0 channels, fltp, 326 kb/s): unspecified sample rate

2018-02-09T17:54:28 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.AVIDemux → [adm_lavLogCallback] 22:54:28-975 [lavc] Sample rate index in program config element does not match the sample rate index configured by the container.

Looks like the streaming friendly format was creating a non compliant video.