Very new to this software

This is the first time using the software and based on the performance I would like some info on how to integrate Handbrake and or use my unused Cuda cores, since the guides here seem to concentrate on the command line and not the GUI. I have handbrake but I always end up using TMPGenc Mastering Works 5 for any encoding and other than that I really just convert files or similar things.

So is it possible to integrate any encoder and being able to use my GTX 670 and add Cuda core hardware acceleration? With TMPGenc 5 I just deal with the slower encoding via CPU and I never have gotten Cuda cores to work in it. So I may need a little more help with this than I thought.

I have the Donor Comskip downloaded and copied into the folder and I already have Handbrake.

I record shows from Sling TV in my HDML Cloner Box set up just pause the show or to be sure I can skip commercials in MPC-HC while watching.

The files come out as:

General

Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom (qt )
File size : 4.44 GiB
Duration : 1 h 4 min
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 9 813 kb/s

Video
ID : 2
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Baseline@L4
Format settings : 1 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : No
Format settings, RefFrames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=60
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 9 615 kb/s
Width :1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 30.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.155
Stream size : 4.35 GiB (98%)
Language : English
Codec configuration box : avcC

Audio
ID : 1
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
Duration_FirstFrame : 21 ms
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 192 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 87.8 MiB (2%)
Language : English
Default : Yes
Alternate group : 1

I do not know if that helps, but that is always the format, bitrate and audio I use.

I have and i5 Dual Core CPU, 4GB RAM, GTX 670 and Windows 10 x64 with the latest updates and my Video Card is using the latest drivers.

Thank You

I forgot to mention that I am just waiting for my first video to be commercial free as of 3 hours ago. I am using just the normal MP4 setting and all the rest is default, I am using a SSD for the decoding and encoding as well. When I get a good video I will be more than happy to purchase the advanced service.

Another thing may be to save the segments with the commercial cuts and use the segments in another app as maybe just a direct stream copy rather than encoding the entire thing I could use a video joiner instead like MKVtoolnix or similar. This may be a better option because I am using my crappier PC for the encoding and I have a GTX 1080 on my main PC and a better i7 CPU and 16GB Ram and then I could set up the hardware encoding in handbrake on it own.

Well the latest version answered my questions, I see the option to not re-encode the video files.

Thank you.

1 Like