Update from 2.4.11 to MCEBuddy 2.5.2 SLOW!

Today I upgraded from MCEBuddy 2.4.11 to 2.5.2 by uninstalling the old version and then installing the new version. It is my understanding that settings are retained. I am using the MKV normal profile for conversion. I found that v2.5.2 processes at 0.1x the speed of v2.4.11. I tried with hardware encoding enabled and disabled and the results are identical. Are there other settings I can try to get back to the old performance?

I have attached log files from the both versions.

Thank you for the help.

log_2411.log (645.7 KB)

logo! Die Welt und ich 2020_01_11_13_50_00 - logo! Die Welt und ich.ts-Convert to MKV-2020-01-11T14-05-02.6534887-05-00.log (2.0 MB)

Thanks for the logs, very helpful.

With the 2.5.x release the hardware encoder support has been expanded and it looks like the hardware encoder settings wasn’t enabled after the upgrade.

Prefer Hardware Encoding -> False

Enable that option in your Conversion task -> Expert Settings page and it should start using your QuickSync encoder.

The hardware encoding was initially turned on but the speed was just as slow, I got ~13 fps on average. I then turned it off to see if software encoding was faster. It was not as the log I sent shows. For now I reverted to 2.4.11.

If you can attach a log with the hardware encoding option enabled I can then compare your 2.4.11 log to that one and see what’s going on.

I am about to go on business travel and need to defer until next weekend. My apology.