Some of my conversions are getting truncated

I have an issue where the end of some, not all, of my TV Series are getting the last minute or even few seconds truncated. What settings in Comskip.ini will improve this? I’d rather have a few seconds of the last commercial than be missing the last few minutes of a show.

WAF would go up orders of magnitude by fixing this, BTW!

1 Like

Use the Comskip GUI configuration tool to browse through the available settings and tweak them. I would recommend looking at always_keep_last_seconds=0 and change it to a higher number like 120.

?

Wife Acceptance Factor

3 Likes

Done. I’ll see how it goes and report back. Thanks.

Guess I never reported back. Right after this and unrelated to this my HTPC crashed. I built a new Ryzen 3700x and then merged two computers into one, drives and all. in between that I got frustrated with my Asus Router and mesh system so I put together a UniFi setup… at any rate, I just now made the setting again and will monitor it, reporting back for sure!

Hi Sammy,

This happens to me as well where I’m losing chunks of time big and small from the ends of TV shows that are processed with comskip. Any update on whether the suggested setting change has helped? Thanks.

Interesting you should ask…

It was working fine for a while and recently my wife is telling me of truncated recordings again. I go and check and sure enough, my comskip.ini has always_keep_last_seconds=0 again. I went into the .ini file with notepad ++ elevated to admin and changed it again. I think this may correspond to installing the latest update so in the future I’m going to back up my comskip.ini to comskip.old then restore it after the installation of an MCEBuddy update.

1 Like

It’s best to keep your custom INI file in a separate folder and point them to MCEBuddy. This topic will help explain it:

1 Like