Premium Access for update of MCEBuddy not working, sign-in fails, was ok for 5 years

What your doing by changing this is illegal, when I purchased back in 2018 you sold this as premium access to latest builds with no time limit.

I know for a fact what you are doing is illegal under various consumer laws.

1 Like

I agree with everyone. I have many lifetime subs from many companies that no longer sell lifetime. Those subscriptions all still work. They didn’t turn them off or ask for more money! I also respectfully suggest that you drop the new terms for your long standing paid loyal customers and as suggested keep it for the new users. I am keeping this post for future uses.

B

1 Like

The following information is all publicly available and any person interested can find it online.

Georgia Corporations Division
GEORGIA SECRETARY OF STATE BRAD RAFFENSPERGER

Business Information
Business Name: MCEBuddy LLC Control Number: 15019725
Business Type: Domestic Limited Liability Company Business Status: Active/Compliance
Business Purpose: NONE
Principal Office Address: 1130 Westbrooke Way NE, Atlanta, GA, 30319, USA Date of Formation / Registration Date: 2/25/2015
State of Formation: Georgia Last Annual Registration Year: 2024

Office of the Georgia Secretary of State Attn: 2 MLK, Jr. Dr. Suite 313, Floyd West Tower Atlanta, GA 30334-1530, Phone: (404) 656-2817 Toll-free: (844) 753-7825

soscontact@sos.ga.gov

What to Submit

Complaints must be submitted in writing.
To submit a complaint against a licensed individual or a licensed facility, you must provide their name and license number.
If you do not know the information, you can search for a licensed facility.
You can also search for a licensed individual

The complaint must include:

Your name, address, telephone number, and email address
The name and address of the person or facility being reported and, if applicable, their license number
A detailed description of the violation
Any other pertinent information, which includes supporting documents (i.e. business/patient records, cancelled checks, billing statements, proposals, contracts, invoices…) that could be used to support your complaint.

This is a government entity that licenses businesses in Georgia.

1 Like

I hope it doesnt come to this. But good to know our options. Thank you.

1 Like

Why did you hide the post with a link to your BBB profile?

1 Like

For those who missed it: [File a Complaint | Consumer Complaints | Better Business Bureau®](https://BBB File Complaint) you can file complaints there.

And if you need information about their business listing: Company Search Subscription Service

1 Like

registered as:
MCEBuddy LLC in the state of Georgia

B

bump. Still no reply from MCE Buddy.

1 Like

What can they say but what they have said before?
I can only state the facts that are on the green page offering Premium access to the latest features, and fastest and most stable version of MCEBuddy which now is not 2.6x!
I guess MCEBuddy LLC will also now be using alternate facts…
long sigh, B

He can say hes not going to screw over his oldest customers? Is he really going to make us do this? Aight…

Unfortunately, I can’t see there being any more to be said here. Given that this entire part of the forum seems to have been muted now, it’s obvious the stance that is being taken here is, for all intents and purposes, meant to be final.

I think at this point something along the lines of a discord server or something away from the control of MCEbuddy would be useful. This way a discussion could be had about further, potentially legal, action.

1 Like

Agreed. This dev is clearly only interested in $$$ at this point.

1 Like

BBB got no reply, wonder why…

This message is in regard to your complaint submitted on 10/23/2023 against MCEBuddy LLC. Your complaint was assigned ID.

Your Better Business Bureau (BBB) has made several attempts to contact the business regarding your complaint. We regret to inform you that we have not received a response at this time and this case has now been closed as an UNANSWERED complaint in their file. Because we are not a government agency, we cannot force a business to respond.

Where to now, aggrieved people?

good idea…

I still hate being ripped off!

It is very difficult to create trust. And it is very easy to lose that trust.
You should have NOT applied those rules to your existing customer base and only do that for new customers. I would have at least made special offers to keep my existing customer base.
How shall I trust you, that you don’t make a change again in a year or two? Especially concerning the lack of communication.
Good product indeed, but actions like this could ruin it at the end.
Hope it works out for you.

1 Like

My BBB complaint was also ignored. I asked a consumer rights lawyer about the situation and they recommended we each file a complaint on ic3.gov.

1 Like