Not sure if hardware encoding is working or not

I have a Nvidia P2000 card, and I think hardware encoding is working, but get high cpu usage of ffmpeg while converting. Can someone take a look aAlita Battle Angel.2019.1080p.WEB-DL.X264.AC3-EVO.mkv-Convert Movies-2019-06-29T07-31-15.1014854-05-00.log (2.3 MB) t the log and tell me if it is working properly or not?

Thanks

Appears to be:

2019-06-29T07:34:47 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.FFmpeg → encoder : Lavc58.42.100 h264_nvenc

It’s converting at about 110fps, that’s decent (4x the frame rate)

Thanks for checking. Weird that ffmpeg is using alot of cpu power at the same time. Was hoping that the P2000 would give better results. Oh well.

It depends on what options and filters are being used in the profile you’re using. Not all adapters support all options. For example if the profile is using a denoise filter to clean up artifacts and if you’re hardware doesn’t support it then it’ll use the CPU to do that part. If you want to use only the GPU then you’ll have to build a custom profile specific to your GPU capabilities only and remove all other options.

MCEBuddy uses hardware acceleration to assist and speed up encoding without compromising quality (to the extent possible - CPU encoding will always have higher quality than GPU encoding for the same bitrate).