No longer removing converted files

I have been using Buddy for over a year.
Generally I work out the issues through trial and error and google.

But in the last week or two I am having this issue.

I drag my MKV files into Buddy to copy/remux to mp4.

Buddy is doing his bit and converting/remuxing and leaving the Mp4 in the original folder as planned.
The mkv are sent to a archive folder I have created as per usual.
But the mkv are remaining in the original folder!

Any suggestions. Remember this did work - but does not now.
Maybe since beta version 7 !!

Can you attach your MCEBuddy.log file and provide the same of one file which is exhibiting this issue.

I drag my MKV files into Buddy to copy/remux to mp4.

Do note that MCEBuddy now has a different setting for Archiving/Deleting manually added files and Archiving/Deleting monitored files.

For files converted using the Monitor Task you need to go into the Monitor Task setting and click on Expert settings and enable Archiving or deleting the original file on that page.

If you want to Archive/Delete the original for manually added files, click on Settings → Advanced Settings and select the options to Archive/Delete manually added files.

Thanks Rboy,

Yeh the setting changes were what was causing me grief.

Appears to be all OK now

1 Like

If you want to Archive/Delete the original for manually added files, click on Settings -> Advanced Settings and select the options to Archive/Delete manually added files.

I must be blind cos I cant find “settings -> Advanced Settings and select the options to Archive/Delete manually added files.”

After Settings there is NO advance settings !!

When i get into advance settings After clicking a conversion task - I still cannot find the Archive/Delete manually added files option !!

Are you on release 2.4.7?

Yes the very latest

Thanks Rboy,

Found it and working well

Hello Rboy,

I have the same issue as previously.
I have the January 2018 update.

When i drag mkv to be remuxed to mp4 they do it just fine. But they are not moved to my converted folder and they are staying in the original folder.
I have checked all your previous suggestions again but no luck.

Problem 2 - the monitoring schedule is not working.
And clicking rescan does nothing.

These issues have worked in the past and I have used Buddy for over a year and donated almost 12 months back.

Did you go through the conversion log to see what’s going on?

Yep Looked at a few but don’t really know what I am looking for!
Attached a recent one
High Maintenance (2016) - S02E01 - Globo.mkv-remux mkv to mp4-2018-01-20T19-18-48.0677966 08-00.zip (30.0 KB)

This log is showing that it’s moving the converted file to the configured network folder (see end of log file). If it isn’t showing up on your network folder then you’ve likely got a network issue you should look into.

INFORMATION> 2018-01-20T19:19:44 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob → Moving converted file C:\tmp\working3\High Maintenance (2016) - S02E01 - Globo.mp4 to \\xtra\video\tv A-K\High Maintenance (2016)\High Maintenance (2016) - S02E01 - Globo.mp4

For your monitoring issue I would say open mcebuddy.log file (which is the main monitoring engine), look the filename you think it should have picked up and see the error message, it will tell you why it didn’t pick the file.

Sorry guys I explained it wrongly.
The converted mp4 is moving to the right place but the mkv file is not being moved to the folder i have set up. I have tried just deleting the old mkv and that also does not work.

Will check out the log re the monitoring issue, thanks

Thanks Goose and Rboy with your advice and information I am up and working again.

1 Like

Hi,

I have got the same issue, I think.
I set mcebuddy up to actually delete the original file (.ts).
Because I only want to delete commercials from my ts-files I want the original to be deleted after comskipping and be replaced with the ad-free uncompressed ts-file.
Every job I set up, no matter if manually added files or monitored directories in the log, where it should move the converted file to the original destination it says it can’t because the file already exists.

So basically mcebuddy doesn’t overwrite my file.

2018-03-20T23:35:36 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Finished custom command, file size [KB] 3,422,387.00
INFORMATION> 2018-03-20T23:35:36 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Moving converted file to destination
INFORMATION> 2018-03-20T23:35:36 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Moving converted file C:\Program Files (x86)\MCEBuddy2x\working0\Filename.ts to J:\Recordings\Filename.ts
ERROR> --> Unable to move file C:\Program Files (x86)\MCEBuddy2x\working0\Filename.ts to J:\Recordings
Error :System.IO.IOException: Die Datei ist vorhanden.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
   at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at MCEBuddy.Util.FileIO.MoveAndInheritPermissions(String source, String destination, Boolean overwriteDestination)
   at MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob.MoveConvertedFile(String subDestinationPath, Log jobLog)
ERROR> 2018-03-20T23:35:36 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Moving converted file to destination failed

How did you solve it?

I really cannot remember. But pretty sure the logs gave me the answer.

Sorry I cant be of more help

Well, it seems I have fixed it.
I ran the MCEbuddy service with administrator user priviledges, and additionally to ticking “delete original file” in monitored diretory, I had to tick it in manual added/cli files too to make it work as it should.

Pretty strange.

That sounds about right, looks like the file permissions didn’t allow MCEBuddy to delete the destination file before trying to move it or set the permissions on the file. As an administrator it now has the ability to do that.

You should check the file/folder permissions of your destination directory

Unfortunately, at the second test-run it did again not delete the original file.
Settings are the same.
Monitored Path: delete original
Manual Files: delete original
In mcebuddy log it says:

INFORMATION> 2018-03-21T15:59:14 MCEBuddy.Engine.Core --> Job for J:\Recordings\zu_plex\ANTHONY_BOURDAIN_-_KULINARISCHE_ABENTEUER_S01E07_PERU_-_KABEL_EINS_DOKU.ts completed
2018-03-21T15:59:14 MCEBuddy.Engine.Core --> Deleting original file J:\Recordings\zu_plex\ANTHONY_BOURDAIN_-_KULINARISCHE_ABENTEUER_S01E07_PERU_-_KABEL_EINS_DOKU.ts
INFORMATION> 2018-03-21T15:59:14 MCEBuddy.Engine.Core --> Job for J:\Recordings\zu_plex\ANTHONY_BOURDAIN_-_KULINARISCHE_ABENTEUER_S01E07_PERU_-_KABEL_EINS_DOKU.ts converted successfully to J:\Recordings\Sonarr\Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown Season 1\Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown - S01E07 - Peru.mkv using Conversion Task TWD_TS_VB and Profile MKV VB
2018-03-21T15:59:14 MCEBuddy.Engine.Core --> No conversions running , allowing system sleep

But the original file still exists

(This time I it was not supposed to use the original path as the destination but another. THis would explain the failure of the first attempt, that it does not save the new file over the old, because it just doesn’t delete it.)

So this works some times but not always.

Any suggestions?
I am thinking about setting custom commands to delete the source file before the job finishes