Network/Network Affiliate Tag During Pre-Conversation

Hi,
II’m using emby along with a HDHR Prime tuner. 'd like to use the channel name as a filter for conversion tasks, but MCEBuddy doesn’t seem to extract this info from the nfo file created by emby. In the attached log file, the network and network affiliate tags are always blank. In the nfo file created by emby, the network or channel is listed with the tag. Is there any way for MCEBuddy to use this tag to identify the channel?
The MCEBuddt log file and example nfo file are attached.

logs.7z (11.8 KB)

Couple of things here, while MCEBuddy does support extracting tags from a NFO file you’ve attached there are a few things to consider:

1. If you’re using HDHR then it should be a TS file and HDHR embeds the metadata into the TS file which is then extracted by MCEBuddy
  2. For the NFO file to work, the name of the file should be the same as the name of the recording with a nfo extension and the tvshow.nfo supplements that file (which is why it isn’t picking it up). So who’s generating this NFO file?

Thanks for getting back to me. HDHR is the tuner. I use, Emby for the DVR, so that’s what’s creating the TS file and NFO file. I don’t see a setting in Emvy to change how the NFO file is named.

I would have MCEBuddy create the NFO file along with the output file because they will have the same name (just different extensions), and have Emby use the NFO file created by MCEBuddy instead of the other way around.

I recorded several shows with the HDHR DVR to see if that makes a difference but is it does not. For example, in the attached log starting on line 87942 for the show Ask This Old House the channel affiliate and channel name are extracted from the silicon dust tags. The network/channel filter match doesn’t work because the >network< field is blank when the match is done. Any ideas?
mcebuddy.log (8.4 MB)

Can you install the latest 2.5.1 beta and try it out, according to what I see in the logs it should fine with the latest build (we added support for the new HDHR metadata format a few weeks ago).

If it’s still happening can you upload the original HDHR recording and log file to the mcebuddy server.

Try today’s build, we found a bug in processing the HDHR metadata extraction. Today’s build should fix it.

Thanks for working on this. I tried using 2.5 beta 2. It looks like the channel name is being picked up, But the filter by channel name doesn’t work. I tested using the conversion task “tv show convert no comskip test”, and the recording Life From Above. The channel name for the recording is WNETDT, which should have been picked up by the filter. Recording and log - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar9rDNtrTCxMhYYgnpRM4RtrHS0fGw?e=XIClPo

Thanks for the sample, your HDHR metadata is great and it’s picked up by MCEBuddy also just fine:

→ Extracted SiliconDust tags:
Title: Life From Above
SubTitle: Changing Planet
Description: Cameras in space show Earth to be a changing, fragile planet, with disappearing forests and melting glaciers.
Network: WNETDT
Network Affiliate: PBS
Parental Rating:
Media Credits:
Genres:
Season: 1
Episode: 4
Banner:
Banner URL:
IMDB Id:
MovieDB Id:
TVDB Id:
Is Movie: False
Is Sports: False
OriginalBroadcastDateTime: 2019-11-13T00:00:00
RecordedDateTime: 2019-11-14T02:59:30

However, there’s a NFO file lying along with your HDHR mpg file which has different metadata from what’s in your MPG file which is causing the confusion as you can see it’s changing the Network from WNETDT to Cola films

Cola films

Causing it to change a lot of the metadata to:

INFORMATION> 2019-11-15T09:52:21 MCEBuddy.MetaData.FileExtractMetadata → Extracting NFO Tags
2019-11-15T09:52:21 MCEBuddy.MetaData.FileExtractMetadata → Extracting Kodi/XMBC Episode NFO metadata
2019-11-15T09:52:21 MCEBuddy.MetaData.FileExtractMetadata → Successfully extracted Kodi/XBMC NFO Movie metadata
2019-11-15T09:53:33 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData → Video Tags extracted →
Title: Life After Death from Above 1979
SubTitle: Changing Planet
Description: Death. Lives.
Network: Cola films
Network Affiliate: PBS
Parental Rating: UNRATED
Media Credits: Sebastien Grainger;Jesse F. Keeler
Genres: Documentary,Drama,Music
Season: 1
Episode: 4
Banner:
Banner URL:
IMDB Id: tt3004624
MovieDB Id:
TVDB Id:
Is Movie: True
Is Sports: False
OriginalBroadcastDateTime: 2014-10-07T00:00:00
RecordedDateTime: 2019-11-14T02:59:30

Delete that NFO file it should work fine.