Network credentials

I’m having a lot of problems getting MCEBuddy to convert jobs sent to it from Plex DVR with NAS storage. I’ve tried just about everything I could think of and find. Made sure the credentials were put in MCEBuddy, used the Mapped drive target, used the UNC path via an IP & DNS name, used a Symlink, cannot get anything to work. Works perfectly fine dragging and dropping the file into GUI.
As a result of all of these attempts though, my logfile has become difficult/impossible to sift through trying to figure out what’s going on. I’ve stopped the MCEBuddy service and cleared the logfile manually, but whenever MCEBuddy starts back up and gets sent a new job it appears to re-populate the file with all the previous data. How do I clean out this file (and if you can tell from it, what’s going on with the inability to “connect” and/or “find the file” on the network share?)
mcebuddy.log (1.3 MB)

According to your log file your network share cannot be reached by Windows in system space:

location \diskstation-01\media\Videos\TV.grab\73beef341a80bb94670ff680db47b61e354a4067
Domain name:
Username:admin
Password:*********
Return code is 55
The specified network resource or device is no longer available

Either the URL is incorrect or your windows machine has a networking issue.

Couple of things to check when using a NAS:

1. Your NAS time is correct and in sync
  2. Your NAS credentials (this appears to be correct)
  3. Run MCEBuddy as a Command Line service from the Start Menu. If this works fine then it’s a windows networking issue
  4. Nothing works, you may have to google the error code to see why windows can’t connect to your network. Could be a firewall or AV and also could be a network configuration problem.

There was a mis-sync in time, it was corrected - but that did not solve the issue.

I set up a local folder, told plex to record it to said local folder, MCEBuddy is still giving the not exist or no read permissions error for a file on a local folder.

WARNING> 2017-09-14T10:31:36 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Manually selected file C:\DVR\.grab\82360d17e12ff6a7aa2d075fe58e23d095699551\The Price Is Right (1972) - S45E29 - Episode 29.ts does not exist or MCEBuddy doesn't have read permissions, skipping

Batchfile that is being run by plex after recording completed:

@echo off
C:\Progra~1\MCEBuddy2x\MCEBuddy.UserCLI.exe --command=engine --action=start 
timeout /t 2 /nobreak > NUL

::set tmpv=%1
::set tmpv=%tmpv:~4%
::set tmpunc="\\192.168.2.100\media\%tmpv%
::echo %tmpunc%
::C:\Progra~1\MCEBuddy2x\MCEBuddy.UserCLI.exe --command=addfile --action=%tmpunc%

C:\Progra~1\MCEBuddy2x\MCEBuddy.UserCLI.exe --command=addfile --action=%1
timeout /t 10 /nobreak > NUL
:loop
for /f "delims=" %%o in ('C:\Progra~1\MCEBuddy2x\MCEBuddy.UserCLI.exe --command=jobstatus --action=%1') do set status=%%o
if %status% == "not present" (
	Exit
) else (
	goto loop

Is it possible to clear this logfile? It actually looks like it’s still attempting to run all the previously failed jobs. How do I clear out the cache/log and tell it to stop all jobs?

I think I’m getting closer.
I believe the issue may actually lie in the following code of the batch file.

timeout /t 10 /nobreak > NUL
:loop
for /f “delims=” %%o in (‘C:\Progra~1\MCEBuddy2x\MCEBuddy.UserCLI.exe --command=jobstatus --action=%1’) do set status=%%o
if %status% == “not present” (
Exit
) else (
goto loop

I increased the timeout to 30 (from 10) and the job actually started. But it looks like after about 30 seconds Plex went ahead and moved the file… the converted file showed up where it was supposed to tho when it was done. The only reason I could see it doing that the loop is not working.

I had basically the same issue and finally gave up. I upgraded my NAS to a HTPC running Windows 10 and now everything runs on it (Tablo Ripper, PlayOn, MCEBuddy, and Plex). What I think may have been happening before I did this was another connection to the NAS (such as a remote desktop or an explorer window) would block MCEBuddy access.

For clearing the log file, I just deleted the log file after closing MCEBuddy and ending the service in task manager, stopping it in Services should work, too. Then restart MCEBuddy and restart the service, it should create a new log file.

Did you try simplifying the destination name? Mine had trouble with spaces, I’d think it was having issues with the . in .grab. I’m not sure if there is a length issue too, it uses a fairly simple machine language, so I’d imagine it has a character limit too. I’d try something as simple as possible and see if you get a different error.

1 Like