HDHomeRun app showing incorrect video length

Hello fine people, I am having a heck of a time here. I love what MCEBuddy can do and has been doing for a while, however I am now in a bit of a dilemna, I had to move around abunch of computer stuff and decided to put MCEBuddy on a VM and since I was actually having some issues due to a configuration issue on my old MCEBuddy install I just went with a new install on a VM. all seemed good, commercials are being cut correctly, 50% reduction in video quality while maintaining correct aspect ratio to reduce file size by 8x is working great, what is not working great however is the length of the converted file.Let me see if I can explain this correctly, if I view the converted file with VLC it shows the file is only 45 mins long, window explorer info shows the file is only 45 mins long, however when i try viewing the same file on the HDHR app it shows the video length is still 1 hour and 1 minute long on the progress bar, watching the video, at 45 mins it ends like expected, but still shows 15 minutes left on the video when it ends, going back to the episodes screen it shows completely watched (progress bar completely green) if you pause the video just before it ends on its own and exit, the progress bar is 3/4 way like expected.

So the issue after all that is basically the length of the video shown in the HDHR app is different then the actual length of the file. sorry for the long post just trying to be thorough, also I have tried this on a standalone computer with the same results. I am using MCEBuddy 2.4.9 and Comskip donators 082.003, with HDHR h264 profile.

I have used these versions for a few years now and have never had this particular issue so I am kind of stumped here.

Thanks for any help that can be offered up.

Ok so I know my problem is related to the post missing info in recorded file, however after some reading and thinking back to another issue I had made me wonder if the problem I had with missing metadata from about half of my files was the reason why my progress indicator actually worked correctly since I didn’t have the download and add information boxes checked, in either case I reckon I am going to have to bite the bullet and do the premium access plan once again, and see if that solves my problem