Custom File renaming not always taking into account static letters case

Request Type:

MCEBuddy Version and Type (32bit or 64bit):
MCEButty 2.4 Beta 9 (26 Oct 2018) 64bit

Operating System and Type (32bit or 64bit):
Windows 10 64bit

Summary of the problem or suggestion:
The S and E in my custom file renaming are often lowercase.
%showname%\Season %season%##%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename%

Steps to replicate the bug:
Use %showname%\Season %season%##%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename% for custom file renaming string and convert multiple shows of the same show and season.

Unable to replicate this, can you attach the conversion log for files where the final filename case doesn’t match the rename pattern.

Superstore - s04e05 - Delivery Day.mp4-PlayLater No Commercials TV Shows MKV-2018-11-02T22-27-01.6230091-06-00.log (429.9 KB)

1 Like

This is an interesting one, in this case your original filename is Superstore - s04e05 - Delivery Day and your renaming pattern was Superstore - S04E05 - Delivery Day. The only difference between the original and destination file were the case of S and E and windows is case insensitive when it comes to renaming files so when MCEBuddy said change the filename, windows just ignored it.

We’ve put in a patch for this special case scenario. Thanks for reporting it, you can try it out in today’s 2.4.9 build.

Thank you.
I checked out the Beta folder and it appears to be empty.

Check back in a while, the system is still rebuilding the beta versions.

1 Like

Fix worked perfectly. Thank you for the quick resolution.

1 Like