Comskip deletes part of show at start of each commercial break

Ran an MCEbuddy conversion with comskip commercial removal on a .ts file recorded by Plex with a HDHomerun Prime. Used the MP4 Unprocessed default profile. It consistently was removing the last couple of seconds of the show before it went to commercial. I haven’t noticed this on my other conversions, but this is the first time I’ve done a movie conversion on this channel.

New to this so 2 questions-

1. Why is this happening?

2. what is the best way to fix this that won’t mess up other conversions I do.

I’m a little leery of messing with settings to try to fix it as it works pretty good as is for my other shows and I don’t want to break it. I was looking at the tuning comskip file here-> http://www.kaashoek.com/files/tuning.htm

I wasn’t sure if I needed to change the ‘threshold’ setting or the ‘padding’ setting.

Is there a setting that will let me keep the first and last 3 seconds of a commercial break so this doesn’t happen (I think that’s what padding will do but not sure)?

Any suggestions would be helpful please.

Despicable Me (2010).ts-Movies-2020-09-08T18-23-52.log (617.2 KB)

You’re on the right track, try using the GUI tool included which explains each setting. You can simply make a backup of your working INI file and then tweak it. Only the INI file (for comskip) has an impact on commercial detection: Tuning Comskip and Custom Comskip INI's (Country / Channel specific)