Stop copying other stuff

Not sure what’s going on but when I convert files in a folder and post the converted videos into a new location, there is an associated SRT file with it. Be it in the original download or sitting in the same folder separate, what I want to do is take whatever video file is in the source folder, convert it and place it in the new location based on the rules, but don’t care about any other files. I don’t have the subtitles selected or anything so not sure if there is a way to JUST move the video file after conversion and delete the rest.

Thanks.

JR

Do you have the “Extract subtitles and close captions” check box checked in the advanced section of Conversion Tasks? Uncheck it if you do.

Thanks! Will.

Nope.

mce1

Open your conversion log file and search for subtitle or SRT and it’ll show you where it’s coming from. If there is a SRT file present along with your source video file it’ll copy it.

I get the below, so not sure if it was embedded or next to it but assume I can’t stop it? When someone deletes the show from the GUI those files will be left behind.

INFORMATION> 2018-04-24T19:30:11 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Checking for SRT File
INFORMATION> 2018-04-24T19:30:11 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Found existing SRT file and saved it

JR

It’s next to the video file so it’s copying it. The only way to stop is to delete it. You can write a PreMetaCustomCommand to delete *.srt or %originalfilename%.srt in a batch script.

See this post: