Some conversions continuously repeat


(Les Nedbalek) #1

I upgraded to 2.4.7 in September. Since then there are a few conversions that complete, but then run again overwriting the previous conversion. Out of 5-10 conversions a day, this happens to 2-3 per week. Not always the same shows each week. Once this starts my only option is to move the original file. Reboot doesn’t solve the issue either. I have uploaded the conversion logs from one of the shows that has been reconverting since Sunday, along with the MCEBuddy log file. I searched and I don’t see anyone else having this issue so must be something on my system. I upgraded to 2.4.8 beta 8 11022017 and still doing the same thing.


(Goose) #2

I don’t see your logs, attach the mcebuddy.log file and provide the name of the file that was “reconverted”. It’s likely a configuration issue.

What you need to note, is the original file with a different filename? If so then MCEBuddy will treat it as a different file, even if the destination file turns out to be same as an existing file after conversion. To avoid this (since often shows are repeated at different times and rerecorded), in the Conversion Task -> Expert Settings, you can check the option for Skip reconversion and optionally Check history. See the pop up help for descriptions.


(Les Nedbalek) #3

I have attached the logs here. I am not renaming the source, and it is reconverting only some. I have checked the box “Skip Conversion”. Odd it has only been doing one or two files a week and only started at the latest version. We’ll see if this helps.

Thanks.

mcebuddy.zip (2.37 MB)


(Goose) #4

I need the name of the file that’s reconverting.


(Les Nedbalek) #5

Good Behavior_TNTHD_2017_11_19_21_57_00.wtv


(Goose) #6

Can you also attach your History file from the config directory in MCEBuddy


(Goose) #7

I went through your logs and this is what I’ve found so far, the conversion itself is failing because MCEBuddy can’t access the destination location (if it’s a network mapped drive, see the Common Error and Issues topic on why MCEBuddy can’t access user mapped drives and how to get it access).

INFORMATION> 2017-11-22T10:18:25 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Moving converted file F:\MCEwork\working0\Good Behavior_TNTHD_2017_11_19_21_57_00.mp4 to E:\Google Drive\Les Videos\Good Behavior_TNTHD_2017_11_19_21_57_00.mp4
ERROR> --> Unable to move file F:\MCEwork\working0\Good Behavior_TNTHD_2017_11_19_21_57_00.mp4 to E:\Google Drive\Les Videos
Error :System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
at MCEBuddy.Util.FileIO.MoveAndInheritPermissions(String source, String destination, Boolean overwriteDestination)
at MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob.MoveConvertedFile(String subDestinationPath, Log jobLog)
ERROR> 2017-11-22T10:18:25 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Moving converted file to destination failed

I also see that MCEBuddy keeps trying to reconvert the file, which isn’t right because once a conversion fails it is logged in the history file and then it should never try to reconvert it again until manually added back.

The only explanation I have is that your History file is corrupted w.r.t. this entry which is why I asked for the History file.