Removing Series (Year) After Conversion

After just upgrading to 2.4.10 64bit I noticed that after converting a file, the series year was suddenly being removed from TV shows and all folders created by the program. This was creating new folders in my destination:

Sample Show (1999)
Sample Show

After downgrading back to 2.4.9 64bit, problem solved

Has this happened to anyone else?

Obviously from an organization standpoint this is maddening.

Can you attach your conversions with 2.4.9 and 2.4.10 so we can compare what’s going on?

Apparently, my uninstall of 2.4.10 erased all my old conversation logs. Is there anyway to retrieve them without re-installing and running new reconversions to create the problem?

Not an issue, just attach your 2.4.9 conversion log for the file in question and we can run it on 2.4.10 and compare it to see what’s going on

Jeopardy (1964) - S35E115 - Episode 115.ts-MP4 Normal Drobo-2019-02-15T19-33-15.9518289-05-00.log (746.6 KB)

I think I see what’s happening. The file is named

Jeopardy (1964) - S35E115 - Episode 115

2.4.9 doesn’t recognize the (1964) and instead treats the entire “Jeopardy (1964)” as the Title.

2.4.10 we’ve added the ability to parse that tile more accurately and extra the premier year so 2.4.10 treats it as

Title: “Jeopardy”

Premier Year: “1964”

This is being done so that it can start matching the information on the internet to accurately which is beginning to be an issue since more shows are being rebooted these days.

Hence you see that your final file renaming has only Jeopardy in the title instead of Jeopardy (1964).

You can easily fix this by using the custom renaming option and include the %showname% (%premiereyear%) in the pattern to recreate the defective 2.4.9 behavior.

Thanks for looking into this. I appreciate your help.

So this is my current custom renaming:

%ismovie%<MCEB-Movies%showname% (%airyear%),MCEB-TV%showname%\Season %season%##%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename%>

I’m still a little bit of a novice here. Would you mind telling me where would I insert your edit?

Thanks again!

use %premiereyear% instead of %airyear%

It took me some time, but I finally re-updated to 2.4.10 and changed %airyear% to %premiereyear%. However, I’m still getting a destination folder without any (year) Full command below:

%ismovie%<MCEB-Movies\%showname% (%premiereyear%),MCEB-TV\%showname%\Season %season%##\%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename%>

Attached are two recent log from a conversion using this custom renaming command. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank!

Cops (1989) - S31E27 - A Woman Corned.ts-MP4 Normal Drobo-2019-04-08T22-33-31.7074095-04-00.log (710.2 KB)

Jeopardy (1964) - S35E151 - Episode 151.ts-MP4 Normal Drobo-2019-04-08T19-33-18.9478903-04-00.log (781.4 KB)

It’s working just as you’ve set your renaming pattern:

%ismovie%<MCEB-Movies\%showname% (%premiereyear%),MCEB-TV\%showname%\Season %season%##\%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename%>

E.g. The Cops conversion:
→ is not a movie, so it uses MCEB-TV\%showname%\Season %season%##\%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename%
There’s no premiere year in the renaming pattern so it doesn’t include it in your renamed file.

Also note that %premiereyear% only applies to Series, for Movies it would be %airyear%

I think what you want is:
%ismovie%<MCEB-Movies\%showname% (%airyear%),MCEB-TV\%showname%\Season %season%##\%showname% (%premiereyear%) - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename%>

Thanks for looking into this. Unfortunately, I used the command you provided and I’m still having that same issue with TV.

Medium (2005) - S01E07 - Jump Start.ts-MP4 Normal Drobo-2019-04-09T12-43-52.3036939-04-00.log (366.3 KB)

Back in 2.4.9, everything worked like a dream with:

%ismovie%<MCEB-Movies%showname% (%airyear%),MCEB-TV%showname%\Season %season%##%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename%>

Any thoughst?

What’s the issue? It’s looking fine to me, it’s included the premiere year, from your logs:

Moving converted file C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\working0\Medium (2005) - S01E07 - Jump Start.mp4 to \DROBO5N\Plex_Drobo\MCEB-TV\Medium\Season 01\Medium (2005) - S01E07 - Jump Start.mp4

In older versions of MCEBuddy, it treated the title with the premiere year as just a “Title”. So Medium (2005) would be treated as a Title instead of splitting it up as title → Medium and premiere year → 2005. This was starting to create a problem because increasingly recording software have started including the premiere year in the title and more shows are now reboots and they would often get mixed up or not match at all while trying to match the information. Some sites would use “Title (Premiere Year)” while others would only use “Title”, so you can see how it started to create a problem.

Hence starting 2.4.10, MCEBuddy now parses the title and premiere year and separates them rather than, incorrectly, treating the whole as a single title and the same while trying to matching it with sites. So the renaming patterns need to be adjusted to take into account that the title and premiere year are two separate entities.

If you want to include the premiere year in the folder name, then you’ll have to do it explicitly like:

%ismovie%<MCEB-Movies\%showname% (%airyear%),MCEB-TV\%showname% (%premiereyear%)\Season %season%##\%showname% (%premiereyear%) - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename%>

1 Like

Aha… Yes, I was looking at the new folder it was creating (without the year) and jumping to conclusions. I’m still a novice here and I truly appreciate you (and everyone) being so generous with your time to help me out! Hopefully this does the trick and gets me back to where I was before. Thank you again.

1 Like