I’m having a weird sound problem, where the sound values being passed to the handbrake CLI don’t match the profile settings.
Here is the profile.
[HEVC MKV - HB x265 10bit Q21med AC3 640]
Description=HEVC in MKV (H.265/AC3) conversion. Creates a smaller file (50% smaller than H.264) with comparable quality but very slow.
handbrake-video=–start-at duration:0 -e x265_10bit --encoder-preset medium -q 21 --encoder-profile main10 --cfr
handbrake-audio=-E ffac3 -R auto -B 192 -D 0 -a 1,2,3,4,5
handbrake-audioac3=-E ffac3 -R auto -B 640 -D 0 -a 1,2,3,4,5
This is what i see mcebuddy passing to cli in the log.
–loose-anamorphic --verbose=2 --start-at duration:0 -e x265_10bit --encoder-preset medium -q 21 --encoder-profile main10 --cfr -E ffac3 -R auto -B 192 -D 0 -a 1 -6 6ch
I have multi channel audio checked, so ac3 is enabled, and it looks like the 6ch flag is there and set properly, but the bitrate value is passed from 2channel. I have tried it with a variety of values, and basically - the 2channel bitrate is passed to the cli while the ac3 bitrate is ignored completely.
So, this with multichannel audio enabled
handbrake-audio=-E ffac3 -R auto -B 640 -D 0 -a 1,2,3,4,5
handbrake-audioac3=-E ffac3 -R auto -B 129 -D 0 -a 1,2,3,4,5
will produce ac3 6channel track at 640. The -B passed to the cli shows to be 640. Changing the ac3 value makes no difference, it seems to be ignored.
The strange thing is that i’ve been running this profile successfully for the last couple of weeks without this type of wackiness. I played with various settings for quality and size to find that sweet spot, and never had issues with all conversions coming out as expected. I’m using it to shrink bluray remuxes, and must’ve ran a good 50 or so successful conversions while playing with bitrate, quality etc.
I did a lot of experimenting in the last few days, so either i somehow jammed a wrong preset as a default in handbrake or ffmpeg, or… i don’t know. I did upgrade to the latest 4.11 stable and did a clean uninstall/reinstall (including hb cli) to make sure i flush everything, but the problem persists.
I also tried ffmpeg, but it immediately crapped itself on 7.1 audio. 2channel worked as expected for both 8 and 10bit x265.