Priority of Recordings in the Queue

Is it possible to change the priority of what gets converted first? For example, I’ve got a large queue of tv shows converting, but I’ve now added a movie and I want to move it to the top of the list.

Yes, in multiple ways:

1. You can drag and move the position of files in the queue to manually reorder them
  2. When you manually add a new file it goes to the top of the queue
  3. The order of the conversion tasks in the settings page determines the insertion order of new recordings into the current queue
  4. In the conversion task -> expert settings page there’s an option which tells the engine to insert all new recordings from that task to the top of the current queue (highest priority)

I will agree with all your steps except #3. I have my movies conversion before my shows, but they still show up in the bottom of the list. Checking #4 did work however.

Point 3: It determines the insertion order into the queue (at the bottom).
Eg: If you have 4 tasks, then the order of the tasks in the settings page determines which one goes first into the bottom of the queue.

oh, so I should reverse my order if I want something to be at the top?

Let me explain this with a visual cue. Under point 3, all new recordings are added to the bottom of the queue.
So if you current queue looks like:

a
b
c

If you have 3 conversions tasks x,y,z and one monitor location. There will be 3 recordings inserted into the queue. The order in which they are inserted depends on the order they are listed in the settings. So if in the settings they are listed as:

x
y
z

Then when they add the new recordings to the queue, it will look like:

a
b
c
x
y
z

If you change the order in the settings and move y to the top so it looks like:

y
x
z

Then when they add it to the queue it would look like:

a
b
c
y
x
z

So how does this order apply when the service first starts? Say if I had to reboot the pc? Will it remember it’s previous order, or would it be a whole new scan? Also, how would multiple monitor locations factor into that?