Need some help with cutting ending of previous show

Hello Everyone, I am new to mcebuddy and comskip. After a few hours I was able to set up comskip successfully to remove commercials from the show itself however I am having some trouble configuring comskip to cut the ending of the previous show. This show is airing on History Channel so there are no commercials between shows.

here is my log file: Assembly Required (2021) - S01E08 - Washed Up.ts-REMOVE ADS-2021-04-15T10-20-38.log - Google Drive

here is the video I am trying to edit: Assembly Required (2021) - S01E08 - Washed Up.ts - Google Drive

any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

for some reason I cant edit my original post

I was able to get the beginning of the next show cut, no idea how since I messed with so many setting over the past 8 hours but at least that part was resolved. I am still having trouble with cutting the ending of the previous show.

EDIT: Not sure what happened but its no longer cutting the beginning of the next show. I’ve spent 3 days non stop messing with setting to try to get this to work and I am ready to just delete mcebuddy. this is really starting to piss me off. This board seems like its completely dead. Guess I’ll have to use another program to manually edit the videos since I cant seem to get this to work and no one has offered assistance

if anyone can please help a frustrated user out here is my ini file and logs

ini file: comskip.ini (5.9 KB)
Log file: What on Earth (2015) - S01E02 - Lost City of Gold.mkv-test removing ads-2021-04-17T15-31-42.log (1.6 MB)

You can check out some of the community built Comskip INI’s which are specific to countries and channels see if any of them work for you. You could try to adjust the Comskip settings to be more “aggressive” in its detection for commercials. Also note that Comskip has settings to set the minimum commercial length, minimum duration between commercials and minimum time to skip at the beginning and end of shows where no commercial will be detected incase you’re running into those boundary conditions.

For manually cutting commercials try the Custom Cuts tools included with MCEBuddy.

Try adjusting the delete_show_after_last_commercial option in the Global Removes section of the INI (use the included Comskip INI Editor).

1 Like