Metadata/ NFO files

MCEBuddy is working great with commercial removal , conversion to MP4 and building directory structure and placing everything where it goes when complete but it is placing the NFO file the season directory instead of metadata. is there a way to have it placed there instead. i checked logs and all complete info is there, the metadata file that’s there only has location, title , S#E# and subtitle. But the NFO file has all complete info with the complete HTML info? and the program i built is looking for NFO file in metadata directory to index all info, this always worked up till 2.6.3 version now NFO data is with MP$ not in metadata file?
Thank you’s in advance.

The nfo file is not in a HTML format it is being saved as a data file? what i have is a Windows 7 pc handling all recording and drives for all files and a Windows 10 pc handling all conversions and build in all directory structures on the Windows 7 pc.
mcebuddy.log (3.5 MB)
Texas Metal’s Loud and Lifted_MTHD_2024_02_28_22_00_01.wtv-Converted TV MP4-2024-02-29T01-07-56.log (8.1 MB)

NFO is an XML file which contains the metadata from the converted file in a MC/Kodi compatible NFO format. From your logs

2024-02-29T01:08:07 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData → Updated Video Tags extracted after downloading details →
Title: Texas Metal’s Loud and Lifted
SubTitle: Ground and Pound Trucks
Description: If you’re off-roading or overlanding in Texas, building the right truck for the job is a necessity. Mark, Josh and their team at Mod Mafia trick out a custom-built Global Expedition vehicle with solar panels, a new fuel-transfer system and more. Over at Wide Open Garage, Dave and Daniel create their biggest and baddest off-road racing truck yet, appropriately named “Hitman.”
Network: MOTORTREND HD
Network Affiliate:
Parental Rating:
Media Credits:
Genres: Auto,Series
Season: 2
Episode: 3
Banner: C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\cache\Texas Metal’s Loud and Lifted.jpg
Banner URL: http://www.thetvdb.com/banners/v4/series/431438/posters/64049966c7e4e.jpg
IMDB Id: tt27520925
MovieDB Id:
TVDB Id: 431438
Is Movie: False
Is Sports: False
OriginalBroadcastDateTime: 2024-02-28T00:00:00
RecordedDateTime: 2024-02-28T22:00:04
SeriesPremiereDate: 2023-03-08T00:00:00
CopyProtected: False
SageTV FileID:
SageTV MediaFileID:

INFORMATION> 2024-02-29T01:15:58 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData → Extracting info from source video into NFO file (XML)

INFORMATION> 2024-02-29T01:16:08 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob → Found NFO file, moving to destination NFO:C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\working0\Texas Metal’s Loud and Lifted_MTHD_2024_02_28_22_00_01.nfo Destination:\MEDIA-CENTER\Completed Recorded TV\Texas Metal’s Loud and Lifted\Season 02\Texas Metal’s Loud and Lifted - S02E03 - Ground and Pound Trucks.nfo

It’s location has always been fixed relative to the destination file

Goose thank you for your time and this product.
I am including two NFO files one being done with 2.6.2 and one with 2.6.3 versions. The First is with 2.6.2 and it has the correct XML extension, the second with 2.6.3 and it is in XML layout but being saved with DAT extension (flat data file). trying to correct this issue or fix what is causing it in my system.

Texas Metal - S06E12 - Denali Lift, Bugatti Chop.xml (1.5 KB)

Texas Metal - S07E05 - S7E5 Custom Sasquatch Bronco.nfo (1.3 KB)

MCEBuddy doesn’t create a file with a XML extension (never has). It does create a NFO file with XML content. You may have written a post custom command in your profile to rename the nfo to xml.