Keyframes went from under 1 second to 8+ second intervals upon reinstalling MCEBuddy

I had to drop back to MCEBuddy 2.4.11 this morning to get my speed in conversions back to an acceptable level but the problem is now my keyframes are huge and that makes editing almost impossible. I checked all my settings and they all look exactly as I’ve always used. I compared the compressed files to ones I did 6 months ago and the older files had keyframes approximately every 8/10s of a second and the files I compressed today have keyframes about 8 1/2 seconds…which is absurd…but I have no idea why this is happening.

I’m using the same profile as before MKV Normal Quality and I even looked into the profiles file in MCDBuddy and it lists keyframe interval of 25 for MKV Normal Quality which should be about 8/10s of a second at 30 so I don’t know what is happening here.

I did a clean install to get my speed back. I deleted all config files and backups related to MCEBuddy as they were from 2.5.4 and irrelevant because when I tried to revert back to 2.4.11 while retaining settings there was no speed difference

I looked at the files with mediainfo and files that were converted this morning with 2.5.4 under format settings there is a field for GOP (keframes) and the settings are M=2 N=25, and the files converted after I reinstalled 2.4.11 are missing the format setting for GOP. The other difference is files converted with 2.5.4 have 3 reference frames and the ones converted later today with 2.4.11 only have one reference frame…but older MKV files made with 2.4.11 from months ago also have 3 reference frames.

Anyone have an idea what is wrong here?

I’ll include a log file from the new 2.4.11 install:

The Bobo_TCMHD_2020_04_04_04_57_00.wtv-Convert to MP4-2020-06-14T14-41-01.6202736-05-00.log (2.5 MB)

Thanks in advance

Continued here: