Hardware Encoding comparison between nVidia and Intel

My HTPC has both an nVidia GeForce 730 and the built in Intel Video. This machine is an Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz on a ASRock Z97 Extreme4 (CPUSocket) motherboard runnign Windows 8.1.

I bought the GeForce years ago because I preferred the video quality but I no longer use this machine to view anything on my TV and I could use the video card in my other machine which is having problems with crappy AMD video drivers crashing Windows 10…but I use this machine to run MCEBuddy with hardware acceleration so I am interested in the performance differences between the two.

Do the nVidia and Intel Integrated video processor produce the same quality in the resulting video files? And if that is the same what is the performance differences if any in relation to time needed to process a file? Currently using the GeForce 730 my conversions average around an hour a movie?

I don’t mind sacrificing a little bit of time if the quality is the same.

Thank you

It depends heavily on how you tune the profiles and what features you’re using in each driver/card.

But here’s a performance benchmark between Nvidia cards: nVidia Hardware Transcoding Calculator for Plex Estimates

Since I don’t know how to tune the profiles I would use the standard profiles and the only one I use is MKV Normal Quality.