Format for Emby

With the next build we’re going to change the behavior so that you can’t start two instances of MCEBuddy engine or the status GUI to avoid this issue. It will prompt you if it finds an instance of MCEBuddy already running.

Sounds good… You’re right, I was confusing the system tray with the taskbar, thanks. Shouldn’t the taskbar ‘x’, ‘-’ behavior align with how other windows behave as well? For example, I’d like to be able to minimize the GUI to clear the screen.

In any event, now that I know how it works, I can deal with it. Thanks!

1 Like

Yes this was done quite some time ago because folks would accidentally press the X button and they recommended minimizing it. Anyways in the next build the X button will be disabled, so you can either minimize it or click on Close or press Escape to close it this avoid all confusion.

At least for me, the ‘-’ button does not minimize to the taskbar. It entirely removes the GUI from the desktop. I can restore it from the system tray at that point without spawning another copy of the GUI.

As @Goose mentioned earlier it minimizes to the system tray and not the task bar.