ERROR Processing FFProbe

Lately I’ve been getting the same error message when I try to convert ISO files to MKV using the MKV Unprocessed profile. Any suggestions?

ERROR> 2019-07-11T12:19:21 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.FFmpegMediaInfo --> ERROR Processing FFProbe Output.System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.FFmpegMediaInfo.ParseFFPROBEMediaInformation(String StdOut)

The Happy Prince.iso-Convert to MP4-2019-07-11T12-19-16.1651379-07-00.log (83.5 KB)

I don’t think ISO files work. It’s not a standard video format.

You need to extract the video from the ISO file and then feed that to MCEBuddy

Odd, because it’s worked with other ISOs. I successfully ran an ISO (log attached) through MCEBuddy earlier with the same settings that had otherwise given me errors.

Any chance it might be related to DVD vs BluRay?

Pagan King, The (2018).iso-Convert to MP4-2019-07-11T12-23-36.8084156-07-00.log (663.8 KB)

Possibly, MCEBuddy expects a video container. ISO is a generic container and not a video container. It may have worked with DVD ISO’s but that’s probably because the profile you’re using uses FFMpeg which happens to support it.

Ignoring the difference in ISO container resulting from the source, what does the error mean?

ERROR Processing FFProbe Output.System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

It means it can’t read the results of because it’s invalid, i.e. ffmpeg can’t read the file.

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.