Error 1001 specified service has been marked for deletion

MCEBuddy stopped working after I installed Tablo Tools. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and now I get this messae while trying to install it. Error 1001. The specified service has been marked for deletion.

Did you reboot after uninstalling? If not, reboot and then try and reinstall.

No. Does it matter which program I install first, MCEBuddy or Tablo Tools? I think it has something to do with ffmpeg install. I uninstalled everything and I will reboot and try again in a different order, in case that matters.

It doesn’t matter what order. But during the uninstall of MCEBuddy it will try and remove the associated windows service. Usually this will require a reboot to complete fully. And since the service is still there when you go to install MCEBuddy again it will see that it is still there marked for deletion and the install will fail. So, you need to reboot in order to finish the uninstall of MCEBuddy. I’m not aware of any conflict with Tablo Tools and MCEBuddy and can’t think of anything within Tablo Tools that would cause a conflict so it’s strange that you are having issues.

Thank you. That worked. Thank you for your time.

1 Like