Engine Not Starting

Hi All,
I started using MCEBuddy a few months ago without any issues. This past weekend my PC stopped allowing me to use MCEBuddy it just constantly says "The MCEBuddy Service is unavailable. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times. I’ve cleaned installed as well with no luck. I’ve even removed the the keys within my system and that hasn’t helped either. I’ve exhausted every avenue of various fixes. Not sure what’s going on but hoping someone can point me in the right direct based on my logs.

NOTE: Don’t forget to attach your conversion log or MCEBuddy.log file as appropriatemcebuddy.log (75.8 KB)

Hopefully, this is an easy fix. I had the same thing happen to me. It sounds like somehow your service is not starting when you do a restart. So here’s what you can do to fix the issue:

Type “services” in the “Type here to search” in the bottom left of your screen and open the Services App.
Now scroll down and double click on MCEBuddy. Change the Startup Type to Automatic. I do mine with a delay as you can see in my image. I hope that solves the problem. But you may have to “Disabled”, restart your computer, then change to Automatic. For some reason, that resolved my issue.

1 Like