Can MCEBuddy remove buffer at front and back of a recording

Hi, I am new to MCEBuddy. Having rebuilt my Plex server, which I currently use with HDHomerun to record OTA TV shows, I have decided to try and use MCEBuddy top process my recordings.
I am currently using the Plex DVR to schedule and record TV programs which I then trim and convert in Avidemux which is very time consuming.
I understand with Comskip MCEBuddy can remove commercial breaks during the program but what about at the start and end? The reason being I have to set a 2 minute buffer at the front and end of a recording as often the air time is slightly different from the EPG time. As a result it misses the start or crops the end of a show.
Can MCEBuddy deal with this and what are the effects of the processed file? Is there a blank portion at the start and end corresponding with the buffer or will it “Trim” the file length?
Many thanks

See this topic

I have the same question as FozzieBear. My recordings have about 40 seconds of commercials at the front that is not being cut. Is there a way to get this? My DVR (NextPVR) has its time set properly but many shows start a bit later than they are scheduled.

See the link above, one way to do through MCEBuddy would be through the Conversion task → Expert settings Cut start and Cut end that takes effect before the commercials are cut.

Someone was just asking about this capability over in the SiliconDust HDHR DVR forums. I’ll point them to MCEBuddy. Setting up a profile for just a specific show is probably a learning curve for someone new to MCEBuddy, but it is a one-and-done effort on the plus side.