Again it depends upon your setup and metadata available.
If all your source files are in the same folder AND they contains the metadata telling MCEBuddy whether it’s a movie or a show you can use the following method:
- You can use a single monitor location and single conversion task for this.
- Set your Monitor location to monitor the folder which contains your movies and tv shows
- Set your destination folder in the conversion task to
- Just select custom renaming and in the renaming pattern you can do this:
If the source files are in different directories OR they don’t have the metadata identifying whether it’s a movie or not then you can use the following strategy:
- Setup a monitor location to monitor your Movies folder
- Create a conversion task to convert your movies and set your destination folder accordingly
- In the conversion task expert settings page click on
Select Monitor Locations and then select the monitor location you create above for Movies
- Similarly create a separate Monitor Location for your TV Shows and separate Conversion Task for your TV Shows and in the expert settings Link your TV Show Monitor Location to your TV Show Monitor task
This was you’ll have 2 separate tasks for Movies and Shows and each linked to their own Monitor Locations (one is to one mapping).